Velocity Reviews

-   -   Resizing Windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t222597-resizing-windows.html)

Cameron 04-24-2005 07:33 PM

Resizing Windows

Greetings!

This may seem a bit strange, but when a new window opens it is not full
size. I click on the "box" to make it full size and after closing the
window the next window to open is still small.

How do I get all the windows to open maximized all the time?!?!

Thanks!

stephen 04-24-2005 07:56 PM

Re: Resizing Windows

Hi,

Look at yesterdays posting by myself titled "viewing boxs"and the answer to
it :-)

°Mike° 04-24-2005 08:14 PM

Re: Resizing Windows

In <Xns96429E526C65Bcameron9914@129.250.170.85>,
Cameron took 9 lines to utter:

>Greetings!
>
>This may seem a bit strange,

Only when you don't give the application name for
the windows you are trying to open.

>but when a new window opens it is not full size. I click on the
>"box" to make it full size and after closing the window the next
>window to open is still small.
>
>How do I get all the windows to open maximized all the time?!?!

In Windows, most window sizes will be remembered as the
last size they were closed at, so resize using the grab bar in
the bottom right corner -- do NOT maximise -- and then
hold the CTRL button and close the window. Note: it is more
likely to succeed if you only have one instance of the particular
application open at the time you resize.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Cameron 04-24-2005 09:04 PM

Re: Resizing Windows

°Mike° <qp_mike_qp@yahoo.com> wrote in news:426cfcc7.46534859
@localhost.dot.net:

>>How do I get all the windows to open maximized all the time?!?!

> In Windows, most window sizes will be remembered as the
> last size they were closed at, so resize using the grab bar in
> the bottom right corner -- do NOT maximise -- and then
> hold the CTRL button and close the window. Note: it is more
> likely to succeed if you only have one instance of the particular
> application open at the time you resize.
>
>>Thanks!

Thanks, that seems to work. But is it possible to open all new
windows maximized, not full screen each time?

Thanks again

nonews 04-24-2005 09:18 PM

Re: Resizing Windows

Go to google and enter AutoSizer
It is free and is the best solution so far.

°Mike° 04-24-2005 09:29 PM

Re: Resizing Windows

In <Xns9642ADBB965ADcameron9914@129.250.170.83>,
Cameron took 19 lines to utter:

>°Mike° <qp_mike_qp@yahoo.com> wrote in news:426cfcc7.46534859
>@localhost.dot.net:

<snip>

>Thanks, that seems to work. But is it possible to open all new
>windows maximized, not full screen each time?

Ok, now go back to my very first comment: "Only when you