Velocity Reviews

-   -   Boot with SATA drive? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t222332-boot-with-sata-drive.html)

Nik Schlein 04-19-2005 11:24 PM

Boot with SATA drive?

Maybe I am wrong, but can you boot a computer with a SATA hard drive? I have
a Biostar M7VIT Socket A motherboard. I have a 40gb seagate SATA hard drive
of which the BIOS recognizes in the VIA chipset tests immediately following
the POST but when I use my WINXP CD to boot off of CDrom it says that no
hard drive is detected.

Tech support is close now at Biostar so I am asking here. I would really
like to get the computer up and running tonight because my girlfriend who's
computer it is needs to do homework.

Thanks in advance

Big Louie 04-19-2005 11:33 PM

Re: Boot with SATA drive?

Install the sata drivers from a floppy, hit F6 during windows install
..