Velocity Reviews

-   -   Missing Video_TS.vob...How to recreate? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t222059-missing-video_ts-vob-how-to-recreate.html)

Arawak 04-15-2005 01:43 AM

Missing Video_TS.vob...How to recreate?

After shrinking a video I am unable to butn it as Nero says the file
Video_TS.vob is missing. Can I recreate this file using Ifoedit or
other program? If so, what are the steps to do so?
Thanks
Arawak

gangle 04-15-2005 02:21 AM

Re: Missing Video_TS.vob...How to recreate?

"Arawak" wrote in message
> After shrinking a video I am unable to butn it as Nero says the file
> Video_TS.vob is missing. Can I recreate this file using Ifoedit or
> other program? If so, what are the steps to do so?
> Thanks

Whatever DVD-authoring program you are using, it
is misconfigured or malfunctioning. Try reinstalling
it, reading the HELP files, and repeating the
process. (If it's Nero, this may be the problem,
since Nero is unstable shitware -- get another
shrinking program, like http://www.dvd2one.com/.)

IFOedit is for editing IFO files, which are text.
VOB files are MPG-type files that carry video,
audio, and subtitle data. The IFO files "tell" the
VOB files what order to play in, which subtitles
(if any), and which audio soundtrack.

Ed Lata 07-25-2008 02:33 PM

Missing Video_TS.VOB file

I've encountered this problem before. For whatever reason, some have chosen to exclude this key file as part of the VOB set. If using a program like DVD Shrink, it will squawk as well, saying this component is missing.

If the VOBs will fit onto a regular DVD-R 5 disk, then simply use Nero (or other burning program) to make a Data Disk. It will squawk when it sees that you are trying to make a DVD, but ignore it. I've burned a couple of DVDs this way and they do play.

If the DVD is larger, then there are problems fitting it onto a 5 DVD. I'm currently trying to read in the VOB files in NeroVision and will let you know later. I will also try to burn a dual layer DVD using +R disk to see if it will work.

Ed

Ed Lata 07-26-2008 01:30 AM

Hi again,

It appears that I was successful in creating a dual layer VOB collections of files in a DVD9+R format that plays on my Philips DVD player. The only drawback is that there are no chapters or index. I will try to take the Nero Recode MPG file and create a DVD from it that I can fit/shrink down to a DVD5, inserting chapters. Kind of a pain. Too bad the person who hosted the download didn't include a key file. Seems like this is my second music DVD by the same artist with the same problem, ie no Video_TS.vob.

Ed Lata 07-26-2008 04:45 AM

And again.

Sorry, I meant NeroVision (not Recode).

One problem was that every time the video switched to the next VOB file, the sound would cut off and had to be re-set on the video player.

I finished re-coding the MPG file, but the quality won't be as good as it appears to suffer from ringing (made when the original VOB files were consecutively converted to the MPG file). Oh, well, the video looks good, so I'll most likely buy it.

Had some fun along the way.

Ed