Velocity Reviews

-   -   cannot print pdf files (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t221952-cannot-print-pdf-files.html)

John Owens 04-12-2005 08:13 PM

cannot print pdf files

I have recently developed a problem. pdf files seem to not print.

My pirnter is a HP Officejet g85
I am on adobe pdf reader 7

Thanks

--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk

Evan Platt 04-13-2005 02:56 PM

Re: cannot print pdf files

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:13:02 +0100, "John Owens"
<newsgr@nospam.goodviews.co.uk> wrote:

>I have recently developed a problem. pdf files seem to not print.

'Seem'? Do they or don't they? Do you get an error?

Patrick Cleburne 04-13-2005 03:57 PM

Re: cannot print pdf files

> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:13:02 +0100, "John Owens"
> <newsgr@nospam.goodviews.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I have recently developed a problem. pdf files seem to not print.

Some PDF creation programs allow the file creator to deny printing
privileges.

Cleburne

John Owens 04-13-2005 06:46 PM

Re: cannot print pdf files

"Patrick Cleburne" <reb@_rebyell.xcom> wrote in message
news:Sjb7e.9079$44.3024@newsread1.news.atl.earthli nk.net...
> > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:13:02 +0100, "John Owens"
> > <newsgr@nospam.goodviews.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >>I have recently developed a problem. pdf files seem to not print.

> Some PDF creation programs allow the file creator to deny printing
> privileges.
>
> Cleburne

Thanks but I am finding I cannot print files that I have previously printed.

--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk

John Owens 04-13-2005 06:48 PM

Re: cannot print pdf files

> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:13:02 +0100, "John Owens"
> <newsgr@nospam.goodviews.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >I have recently developed a problem. pdf files seem to not print.

> 'Seem'? Do they or don't they? Do you get an error?
> --

No error message. The printer makes noises as though it is going to start
up. The 'printing' light flashes then nothing happens - for hours if you
leave it.
--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk

Patrick Cleburne 04-13-2005 09:46 PM

Re: cannot print pdf files

"John Owens" <newsgr@nospam.goodviews.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Patrick Cleburne" <reb@_rebyell.xcom> wrote in message
> news:Sjb7e.9079$44.3024@newsread1.news.atl.earthli nk.net...

>> Some PDF creation programs allow the file creator to deny printing
>> privileges.
>>
>> Cleburne
>>

> Thanks but I am finding I cannot print files that I have previously
> printed.
>
> --
> John Owens
> www.goodviews.co.uk
> Fax +44 1509 890822

Oh well-- maybe push the "print" button harder;-)

Cleburne

Todd 04-14-2005 05:21 PM

Re: cannot print pdf files

Are they from a website or saved locally?

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:48:07 +0100, "John Owens"
<newsgr@nospam.goodviews.co.uk> wrote:

>"Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
>news:oncq51tgc6vi7et4jkbetftd0kru43bdmq@4ax.com.. .
>> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:13:02 +0100, "John Owens"
>> <newsgr@nospam.goodviews.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >I have recently developed a problem. pdf files seem to not print.

>> 'Seem'? Do they or don't they? Do you get an error?
>> --

>No error message. The printer makes noises as though it is going to start
>up. The 'printing' light flashes then nothing happens - for hours if you
>leave it.

Todd...

www.toddsplace.ca
* Replace me with todd to reply

John Owens 04-16-2005 12:46 PM

Re: cannot print pdf files

Both, thanks.

John

--
John Owens
www.goodviews.co.uk

peterofware 05-17-2009 11:29 AM

Problems Printing Pdf Files.

Hi,

I cannot print pdf files either, I used to be able to. Now each time I try to , it offers me a chance to save the file somewhere but there is no way it will let me print it even from this file. This has been happening since I was given "Ecobutton" as a present this didn't work properly , they told me to uninstall "Acrobat Type Manager", I have tried to reinstall Type Manager without success, however I cannot see that Type Manager is specifically needed to print pdf files. Any ideas please?

rhchan 01-11-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterofware (Post 3861811)
Hi,

I cannot print pdf files either, I used to be able to. Now each time I try to , it offers me a chance to save the file somewhere but there is no way it will let me print it even from this file. This has been happening since I was given "Ecobutton" as a present this didn't work properly , they told me to uninstall "Acrobat Type Manager", I have tried to reinstall Type Manager without success, however I cannot see that Type Manager is specifically needed to print pdf files. Any ideas please?

Did you ever figure out how to fix it?? I have the same problem..