Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dust inside case (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t221576-dust-inside-case.html)

The One 04-06-2005 05:00 PM

Dust inside case

Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a ompressed
air can?

Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or is
it best left alone?

Fuzzy Logic 04-06-2005 05:08 PM

Re: Dust inside case

"The One" <nowherehere@spammergoaway.co.uk> wrote in

> Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a
> ompressed air can?
>
> Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or
> is it best left alone?

This will explain what to do:

http://www.informationweek.com/story...cleID=60403472

Old Gringo 04-06-2005 05:17 PM

Re: Dust inside case

Fuzzy Logic wrote:
> "The One" <nowherehere@spammergoaway.co.uk> wrote in
>

>>Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a
>>ompressed air can?
>>
>>Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or
>>is it best left alone?

> This will explain what to do:
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/story...cleID=60403472

Good link, Thanks

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

°Mike° 04-06-2005 06:20 PM

Re: Dust inside case

In <425415a9$1_2@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>,
The One took 7 lines to utter:

>Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a ompressed
>air can?

Yes, much better than most other methods.

>Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or is
>it best left alone?

The best thing about using compressed air is that you don't
have to touch anything inside the case. Even so, you should
still earth yourself before proceeding, as static can still jump
small gaps.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Plato 04-06-2005 09:11 PM

Re: Dust inside case

The One wrote:

> Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a ompressed
> air can?

Yes. Been doing it for ten years no problem.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Jarvis the cat 04-06-2005 09:50 PM

Re: Dust inside case

"Fuzzy Logic" <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> wrote in message
> "The One" <nowherehere@spammergoaway.co.uk> wrote in
>
> > Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a
> > ompressed air can?
> >
> > Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or
> > is it best left alone?

> This will explain what to do:
>
> http://www.informationweek.com/story...cleID=60403472

Excellent thankyou.