Velocity Reviews

-   -   Home networking??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t221263-home-networking.html)

Long Drive 04-01-2005 02:40 PM

Home networking???

I'm looking for a little help -

I want to setup a small home network. I have one desktop and a notebook
computer, both with XP sp2. I have a linksys cable modem and linksys
wireless router. The desktop is connect via ethernet to the router and the
notebook is wireless. An all in one printer is connected to the desktop via
USB. I want to share the printer so that I may print from the notebook. On
occaision I may also want to add my daughter's notebook to the mix as she
returns home from college.

I have started the network wizard but am uncertain how to proceed. Any
advice is greatly appreciated.

Ed

bcomptech 04-01-2005 02:59 PM

Re: Home networking???

I would use this approach to setup the network

1. Run the home networking wizard on the main computer and make sure
you declare that it's your main computer that connects to the net

2. Run the wizard on the notebook as well, this should pick up the
signals provided you already have an appropriate wireless card on both
the desktop and your notebook.

--
Online Computer Support & Repairs
http://www.bcomptech.com/

Plato 04-01-2005 04:38 PM

Re: Home networking???

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/homenetworking/
http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/winxpnetworking/
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813936
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_network.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...d/default.mspx

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

bcomptech 04-09-2005 08:15 AM

Re: Home networking???

Long Drive

What progress have you made in setting up your home network.

--
online computer & repairs
http://www.bcomptech.com