Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sizzle Piece (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t221176-sizzle-piece.html)

John R. Baker 03-31-2005 04:11 AM

Sizzle Piece

The "Cinema Edition" DVD of "Master and Commander - The Far Side of the
World" (as opposed to the "Collector's Gift Set") contains very few
"extras". Other than the full length feature itself, the only "extras"
included are:

- Day After Tomorrow - Trailer
- Man on Fire - Trailer
- I, Robot - Sizzle Piece

Well, I watched the two trailers, but for the life of me, I cannot find the
"Sizzle Piece" on the DVD. I don't even know what a "Sizzle Piece" is.
(Google was not much help!)

Will someone please help me find the elusive "extra"?

Thanks!

- John R. Baker

jils 03-31-2005 05:16 AM

Re: Sizzle Piece

you can't find anything on the dvd to do with i robot?
a sizzle piece is just like a trailer, a taster, a teaser, to attract
the buyer. comes from the saying "sell the sizzle before the sausage"

SgtMinor 03-31-2005 03:29 PM

Re: Sizzle Piece

John R. Baker wrote:

> The "Cinema Edition" DVD of "Master and Commander - The Far Side of the
> World" (as opposed to the "Collector's Gift Set") contains very few
> "extras". Other than the full length feature itself, the only "extras"
> included are:
>
> - Day After Tomorrow - Trailer
> - Man on Fire - Trailer
> - I, Robot - Sizzle Piece
>
> Well, I watched the two trailers, but for the life of me, I cannot find the
> "Sizzle Piece" on the DVD. I don't even know what a "Sizzle Piece" is.
> (Google was not much help!)
>
> Will someone please help me find the elusive "extra"?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - John R. Baker

There may not be any additional "extras" or easter eggs:

http://movieweb.com/dvd/dvd.php?024543117575

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film3741

John R. Baker 04-01-2005 01:46 AM

Re: Sizzle Piece

Found it! I found the "sizzle piece".

When I play the DVD through my set-top player and TV, there IS NO "sizzle
piece". However, when I play the DVD through my computer's DVD drive, the
"I, Robot" extra is there!

I knew DVDs routinely contained special material that was accessible only
with a computer, but a (fancy-named) trailer?

Anyhow, the mystery is solved. (Unless my set-top DVD player is being
funky.)

- John R. Baker (Who still hasn't found any M&C Easter Eggs!)