Velocity Reviews

-   -   Beep code prob (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t221077-beep-code-prob.html)

MrGrumpy 03-29-2005 12:14 PM

Beep code prob

Ami bios;
Three beeps - I guess memory prob, have replaced with known good memory
still the same.
Mobo failure?

Sam 03-29-2005 02:58 PM

Re: Beep code prob

3 beeps - Base 64 K memory failure

a.. Reseat the memory.
b.. Make sure that the contacts on the memory and the socket are clean.
c.. Try removing one bank of memory modules at a time. Note: Some systems
might need to have a memory module in Bank 0.
d.. Try using RAM chips from the same manufacturer with the same part
number and speed.
e.. Check for a faulty memory module by trying the memory in a known good
system.
f.. Trying known good memory in the system.
g.. Check the power supply and check for power fluctuations.
h.. Swap the motherboard.

MrGrumpy 03-29-2005 04:36 PM

Re: Beep code prob

Swapped with known good memory - no change
Swapped with know good vid card - no change
Swapped with known good cpu - no beeps
A mobo/ short failure?

news:t2e2e.21833$IH3.20493@fe3.news.blueyonder.co. uk...