Velocity Reviews

-   -   Registry First Aid (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t220543-registry-first-aid.html)

Laura Mooney 03-20-2005 03:56 AM

Registry First Aid

I downloaded Registry First Aid and now I am hesitant to use it. Has anyone
else tried it and, if so, how do you like it? Is it really a safe program?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov 03-20-2005 04:11 AM

Re: Registry First Aid

http://www.rosecitysoftware.com/reg1aid/eula-rfa.html

--
http://www.newscientist.com/channel/...mg18524911.600

Jerry G. 03-20-2005 04:15 AM

Re: Registry First Aid

Are you getting registry errors reported by your system? If not, leave it
alone!

As for aftermarket softwares that deal with very critical parts of the
system, I would have to be very sure before using them. Check out the MS
site, in case they give a registry cleaner. They used to have RegClean which
was very good. I have no idea of they have a version for XP.

Before doing anything to the registry, I would make sure it is properly
backed up. Also, it is a good practice to do a complete system backup before
messing around in it.

--

Jerry G.
=====

www.bigun.serverbox.org 03-20-2005 07:06 AM

Re: Registry First Aid

"Jerry G." <jerryg50@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you getting registry errors reported by your system? If not, leave it
> alone!
>
> As for aftermarket softwares that deal with very critical parts of the
> system, I would have to be very sure before using them. Check out the MS
> site, in case they give a registry cleaner. They used to have RegClean

which
> was very good. I have no idea of they have a version for XP.
>
> Before doing anything to the registry, I would make sure it is properly
> backed up. Also, it is a good practice to do a complete system backup

before
> messing around in it.
>
> --

reg clean is well SO SO it just do small bits of the registry..
i have been using registry mechanic for about 5 years now and am suprised
sometimes with the amount of registry keys it finds that is obsalete
it works fine with xp 2000 NT 98 ME
Having used it with no problems for so many years,, i think it has been well
tested

AND YES no mater what program you use ALLWAYS BACK UP THE REGISTRY FIRST
,,some programs will do this for you,, whilst some reg cleaners will not...

Dave McAuliffe 03-20-2005 11:25 AM

Re: Registry First Aid

"Laura Mooney" <lbm@iserv.net> wrote in message
> I downloaded Registry First Aid and now I am hesitant to use it. Has

anyone
> else tried it and, if so, how do you like it? Is it really a safe

program?

I have been using it for over a year with no problems. I have never not
taken its recommendations to delete entries, however that is an ongoing
procedure. My current registered version is 4.0 and it does a default
backup prior to deleting.
--

Dave
Central Mass. USA