Velocity Reviews

-   -   Rant (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t220022-rant.html)

Adrian 03-11-2005 10:33 AM

Rant

So today I'm standing in line at the post office and the computer the woman
was using went into screen saver mode and anyways she said something along
the lines of "oh, it did it again" instead of trying to tap a key or move
the mouse she turns it off and says this happens every 15 minutes.

She told me this has been happening ever since the unit was replaced due to
another issue a week or two earlier. I dont know where I am going with this
but some people are too stupid to even be allowed near a computer

All Things Mopar 03-11-2005 12:38 PM

Re: Rant

Adrian commented courteously...

> So today I'm standing in line at the post office and the
> computer the woman was using went into screen saver mode
> and anyways she said something along the lines of "oh,

it
> did it again" instead of trying to tap a key or move the
> mouse she turns it off and says this happens every 15
> minutes.
>
> She told me this has been happening ever since the unit

was
> replaced due to another issue a week or two earlier. I

dont
> know where I am going with this but some people are too
> stupid to even be allowed near a computer

Ain't it the truth, Adrian!

And, the 17-year-olds in the fast food restaurants can't
make change if the computer makes a mistake because they
typed in the wrong amount tendered. Worse, I once had
MacDonald's refuse to take my order because their computer
was down! I guess it's better to go out-of-business, than
to create a manual "sold" sheet!"

Thanks for confirmining what I've thought for a long time
- there's plenty of people who are too dumb to live in
general, and certainly way too dumb to be let near a
computer.

Just my twist on your rant...

--
ATM, aka Jerry

127.0.0.1 03-11-2005 01:07 PM

Re: Rant

"Adrian" <adriansemesen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So today I'm standing in line at the post office and the computer the
> woman
> was using went into screen saver mode and anyways she said something along
> the lines of "oh, it did it again" instead of trying to tap a key or move
> the mouse she turns it off and says this happens every 15 minutes.
>
> She told me this has been happening ever since the unit was replaced due
> another issue a week or two earlier. I dont know where I am going with
> this
> but some people are too stupid to even be allowed near a computer

i remember when scotty was talking into a mouse... stupid starfleet
engineers...

-a|ex