Velocity Reviews

-   -   Newsgroups (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t219861-newsgroups.html)

BeeP 03-08-2005 05:27 PM

Newsgroups

Hi Is it true you can DL movies and stuff of newsgroups if you can how do
you do it and what is good software to use to do that I have XP Pro

Richard 03-08-2005 06:06 PM

Re: Newsgroups

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:27:31 GMT BeeP wrote:

> Hi Is it true you can DL movies and stuff of newsgroups if you can how do
> you do it and what is good software to use to do that I have XP Pro

Yes you can download movies in newsgroups, but not necessarily full length
feature films that are current.

Don't bother using OE for those.
http://xnews.newsguy.com
Download the freeware and it will save you a lot of trouble.
www.tomasoft.com mastersplitter for joining "split" movies.
www.rarlabs.com winrar for files posted using winrar as the package.
Plus a ton more gooides you'll acquire the use of once you get involved in
it.
If you don't understand how something works in the binary group, ask.

Miss Perspicacia Tick 03-08-2005 09:14 PM

Re: Newsgroups

BeeP wrote:
> Hi Is it true you can DL movies and stuff of newsgroups if you can
> how do you do it and what is good software to use to do that I have XP
> Pro

Ye gods! It's neville's even slower witted twin brother! Before you start
thinking about breaking the law (which is what you're thinking of doing) I
suggest you attend those remedial English classes your parents have probably
been wanting you to attend for years. You see all those keys on your
keyboard - the ones with the funny symbols on? They're called 'punctuation'
and they're used to make your writing easier to comprehend. As it is, your
post doesn't make one iota of sense.

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/f.../Mar27pmvp.asp

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

on salads.

John 03-08-2005 11:17 PM

Re: Newsgroups

Useful Info Here

http://www.timdoc.com/guide/Download....html#overview

John

anthonyberet 03-09-2005 09:32 PM

Re: Newsgroups

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
> BeeP wrote:
>
>>Hi Is it true you can DL movies and stuff of newsgroups if you can
>>how do you do it and what is good software to use to do that I have XP
>>Pro

> Ye gods! It's neville's even slower witted twin brother! Before you start
> thinking about breaking the law (which is what you're thinking of doing) I

The only laws broken by 'DL movies and stuff of newsgroups' are the laws
af English spelling and grammar.

On the other hand, copyright infringement is to be avoided. -
Infringement is not implied by the post though.

The Right Honourable Edwin P. Higglesthwaite 03-09-2005 09:46 PM

Re: Newsgroups

anthonyberet wrote:
snip

> The only laws broken by 'DL movies and stuff of newsgroups' are the laws
> af English spelling and grammar.
>
> On the other hand, copyright infringement is to be avoided. -
> Infringement is not implied by the post though.

"the laws af English spelling"

SNARF!!

--
Higgy