Velocity Reviews

-   -   Graphics card- Hardware acceleration issue. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t219440-graphics-card-hardware-acceleration-issue.html)

Cherokee-Ltd 03-02-2005 09:46 AM

Graphics card- Hardware acceleration issue.

How do I configure my graphics card?
I built this system myself (beginner-geek) and I can't seem to get games to
work. Most of my WIN98 games didn't work so I thought it was an XP thing.
I've downloaded some XP compatible game demos that support my graphics card
and they don't work either. I was somewhat stumped until I tried Fifa 2005 -
"Fifa 2005 requires hardware graphics acceleration".
Any tips?

Thanks in advance,
-Brian

--
Asus P4P800SE
Intel P4 3.00 Ghz

SwissTony 03-02-2005 09:53 AM

Re: Graphics card- Hardware acceleration issue.

"Cherokee-Ltd" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
> How do I configure my graphics card?
> I built this system myself (beginner-geek) and I can't seem to get games

> work. Most of my WIN98 games didn't work so I thought it was an XP thing.
> I've downloaded some XP compatible game demos that support my graphics

card
> and they don't work either. I was somewhat stumped until I tried Fifa

2005 -
> "Fifa 2005 requires hardware graphics acceleration".
> Any tips?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> -Brian
>

> --
> Asus P4P800SE
> Intel P4 3.00 Ghz
> Asus (ATI) Radeon 9200SE 128MB
> 1 GB RAM (2x512)
> XP SP2

Have you installed the motherboard drivers???
Have you installed the graphics card drivers.
Have you installed the latest direct x???

elaich 03-02-2005 05:44 PM

Re: Graphics card- Hardware acceleration issue.

"Cherokee-Ltd" <nospam@home.com> wrote in

> How do I configure my graphics card?
> I built this system myself (beginner-geek) and I can't seem to get
> games to work. Most of my WIN98 games didn't work so I thought it was
> an XP thing. I've downloaded some XP compatible game demos that
> support my graphics card and they don't work either. I was somewhat
> stumped until I tried Fifa 2005 - "Fifa 2005 requires hardware
> graphics acceleration". Any tips?

Depends on the card, how old, how much video DRAM, etc. Many games require
a graphics accelerator card like a GeForce or nVidia.