Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: 5-10 Second Freezes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t218771-re-5-10-second-freezes.html)

why? 02-21-2005 05:47 PM

Re: 5-10 Second Freezes

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:26:18 -0500, TripTych wrote:

>ps - i have a second computer that is networked, also on Win2k pro. perhaps
>I could view the task manager remotely on the other system? Is this a
>feature of win2k & doable by a newbie like myself?

You mean something like
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr.../pstools.shtml
# PsList - list detailed information about processes

usage: pslist [-?] [-d] [-m] [-x][-t][-s [n] [-r n]][\\computer [-u
username] [-p password]] [name | pid]

\\computer Instead of showing process information for the local system,
PsList will show information for the NT/Win2K system specified. Include
the -u switch with a username and password to login to the remote system
if your security credentials do not permit you to obtain performance
counter information from the remote system.

>"TripTych" <Spam@Spam.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> One of my systems is experiencing 5-10 second freezes when playing
>> graphically intense games. I've been trying to go through the process of
>> elimination to find out what is causing it, replacing all drivers,
>> spyware/virus free, ruling out heat etc. No love so far.

<snip>

Me