Velocity Reviews

-   -   video drivers (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t218370-video-drivers.html)

mailbox24@gmail.com 02-14-2005 08:49 PM

video drivers

I dled and un zipped the dlls. Do I just drag and drop them into the
Windows\System folder?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 02-14-2005 10:33 PM

Re: video drivers

mailbox24@gmail.com wrote:

> I dled and un zipped the dlls. Do I just drag and drop them into the
> Windows\System folder?

No. Did you get an .inf file? Do a proper job and get the drivers as a
package and install them from the Display applet in Control Panel.

mailbox24@gmail.com 02-14-2005 11:14 PM

Re: video drivers

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:33:38 -0500,
Rôgêr <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote:

>mailbox24@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I dled and un zipped the dlls. Do I just drag and drop them into the
>> Windows\System folder?

>No. Did you get an .inf file? Do a proper job and get the drivers as a
>package and install them from the Display applet in Control Panel.

Yes, there is an inf file.

Can you step me through the display applet? This is the first time
I've installed any drivers.

chuckie® 02-15-2005 12:24 AM

Re: video drivers

Hopefully all those newly d/l'd files are in one place (i.e., Temp folder),
Control Panel>Display>Settings tab>Advanced button>Adapter
tab>Properties>Driver tab, click on Update Driver and point it to the above
location when prompted to choose a search area...HTH...luck...

mailbox24@gmail.com 02-15-2005 02:01 AM

Re: video drivers

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:24:21 GMT,
"chuckie®" <chuckie@email.com> wrote:

>Hopefully all those newly d/l'd files are in one place (i.e., Temp folder),
>Control Panel>Display>Settings tab>Advanced button>Adapter
>tab>Properties>Driver tab, click on Update Driver and point it to the above
>location when prompted to choose a search area...HTH...luck...

Worked just fine. Drivers are now updated,