Velocity Reviews

-   -   BATCH FILES??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t217976-batch-files.html)

Bob 02-09-2005 11:48 AM

BATCH FILES???

Hi gang,

I've got Webroot's Spy Sweeper on my Win2K system and want to create
a batch file that will run a "Sweep" in the background when the system
is running.

Knowing nothing about batch files other that what they enable you to
do, I would be very grateful for as much help as possible.

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Bob

Brian 02-09-2005 01:14 PM

Re: BATCH FILES???

"Bob" <c_jwilliams@yahoo.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi gang,
>
> I've got Webroot's Spy Sweeper on my Win2K system and want to create
> a batch file that will run a "Sweep" in the background when the system
> is running.
>
> Knowing nothing about batch files other that what they enable you to
> do, I would be very grateful for as much help as possible.
>
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks
>
> Bob

As far as I know Spy Sweeper has several differnet shields do deal with
spyware automatically thus not needing a full scan all of the time!
Is it periodic scans that you want? (what about spy sweepers schedule
options? I don't have the software myself but if you did make a batch file,
the programme(Spy Sweeper) would have to support/have command line
parameters)
what do you exactly want to do?
A batch file carries out a list/sequence of commands/tasks once started. i.e
starting a programme(although a .cmd would do this a .bat file can do that
and a lot more such as several set values check arguments, carry out loops
etc. at a time)

Richard 02-09-2005 08:37 PM

Re: BATCH FILES???

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:48:51 GMT Bob wrote:

> Hi gang,

> I've got Webroot's Spy Sweeper on my Win2K system and want to create
> a batch file that will run a "Sweep" in the background when the system
> is running.

> Knowing nothing about batch files other that what they enable you to
> do, I would be very grateful for as much help as possible.

> Can anyone help?
> Thanks

> Bob

A dos batch file or other type?
Dos does have it's limitations on what it can do.
Since you know nothing about them, your first priority is to learn what's
behind the scenes.

Toolman Tim 02-10-2005 01:12 AM

Re: BATCH FILES???

"Bob" <c_jwilliams@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
| Hi gang,
|
| I've got Webroot's Spy Sweeper on my Win2K system and want to create
| a batch file that will run a "Sweep" in the background when the system
| is running.
|
| Knowing nothing about batch files other that what they enable you to
| do, I would be very grateful for as much help as possible.
|
| Can anyone help?
| Thanks
|
| Bob

How about using Windows' task scheduler instead?

Start, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks, Add. You may need to find out if
there are program startup options available to do the sweep automatically.
That may require contacting the company that wrote the program, or reading
the help files, etc.