Velocity Reviews

-   -   cdrw drive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t217918-cdrw-drive.html)

Robert Harkness 02-08-2005 07:04 PM

cdrw drive

while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
rebooted PC but still nothing

---

Ingeborg 02-08-2005 07:21 PM

Re: cdrw drive

"Robert Harkness" <robert.harkness1@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:s38Od.656
$1Y.202@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

> while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
> start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
> computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
> rebooted PC but still nothing

Poweroff the system for several minutes (pull out the plug) and retry. When
it's still dead check the cables.

Kenny 02-08-2005 07:53 PM

Re: cdrw drive

Try deleting it from Device Manager and re-booting, Windows will find it and
reload the drivers for it.

--

Kenny Cargill

Toolman Tim 02-08-2005 11:39 PM

Re: cdrw drive

"Robert Harkness" <robert.harkness1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
| while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
| start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
| computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
| rebooted PC but still nothing

And your computer is?
And your operating system is?
And the software you are burning CDs with is?

Robert Harkness 02-10-2005 10:07 PM

Re: cdrw drive

emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model

Toolman Tim 02-10-2005 11:21 PM

Re: cdrw drive

I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or a
name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the computer?

| emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model
| "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
| >
| > "Robert Harkness" <robert.harkness1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
| > | while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive
| won't
| > | start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly,
my
| > | computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
| > | rebooted PC but still nothing
| > |

Robert Harkness 02-10-2005 11:29 PM

Re: cdrw drive

sorry only sku #: 418343
the pc is about 3 yrs old

> I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or a
> name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the computer?
>
> "Robert Harkness" <robert.harkness1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> | emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model
> | "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
> | >
> | > "Robert Harkness" <robert.harkness1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> | won't
> my

I've
> | > |
> | > And your computer is?
> | > And your operating system is?
> | > And the software you are burning CDs with is?
> | >

> | ---

---

Toolman Tim 02-11-2005 12:38 AM

Re: cdrw drive

Well, that didn't help much either. I was hoping to find out more specs on
the CDRW drive, to find out there are any firmware updates available. Their
website is rather short on information though...

If you can find out more about what model the CDRW drive is, maybe the
manufacturer's site has more info.

| sorry only sku #: 418343
| the pc is about 3 yrs old
|
| "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message
| > I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or
| > name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the
computer?

| > "Robert Harkness" <robert.harkness1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
| > | emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know
model
| > | "Toolman Tim" <no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote in message

| > | won't
| > my