Velocity Reviews

-   -   Copying MS Office to new computer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t217378-copying-ms-office-to-new-computer.html)

Andy 01-31-2005 05:56 PM

Copying MS Office to new computer

I want to copy Office 2000 from my old desktop to my new laptop. I
still have the Office CD-ROM and product key. The laptop has no CD-ROM
drive, but I have a 256 MB flash drive. Can anyone tell me what to do
please?
Thanks

Kenny 01-31-2005 06:12 PM

Re: Copying MS Office to new computer

Could try copying all the files from the Office CD to the flash drive then
to a folder on the laptop hard drive and run Office Setup from there.
Obviously you won't get them all at once but make sure you do get them all.

--

Kenny

Andy 01-31-2005 06:53 PM

Re: Copying MS Office to new computer

I've done that, but it says "Cannot find a package to install on the
installation media".

Andy 01-31-2005 06:53 PM

Jamco 01-31-2005 07:01 PM

Re: Copying MS Office to new computer

on the desktop computer make an ISO of the office CD. Then get a cross over
cable and transfer the ISO from the computer to the laptop, then create a
virtual drive to run the iso from and install

michel 01-31-2005 11:19 PM

Re: Copying MS Office to new computer

buy a usb CD drive (or any thing that will play a CD) install what you want
to install and then just return the dam thing bac from where you bought it
from. this way u dont lose money and no harm dun. simple?

Plato 02-01-2005 05:00 AM

Andy wrote:

> I want to copy Office 2000 from my old desktop to my new laptop. I

You'll have to use a ms office cd to install on the laptop.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/