Velocity Reviews

-   -   Commodore 64 - A New Computer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t215839-commodore-64-a-new-computer.html)

Ionizer 01-10-2005 10:26 PM

Commodore 64 - A New Computer

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...d10900725db18d

Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles
here: http://www.google.com/googlegroups/a...nounce_20.html

--
Ian.

Rob K 01-10-2005 11:30 PM

Re: Commodore 64 - A New Computer

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, Ionizer wrote:

<snipped>
> Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles

The good old C64 - the 'computer' I wrote my first (and last) machine
code for - a bouncing ball.
Thanks Ian.

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:
gvgnavhz217@ubgznvy.pbz

joevan 01-10-2005 11:35 PM

Re: Commodore 64 - A New Computer

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:30:26 +0100, Rob K <some@nodomain.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, Ionizer wrote:
>
><snipped>
>> Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles

>The good old C64 - the 'computer' I wrote my first (and last) machine
>code for - a bouncing ball.
>Thanks Ian.

Wow, brings back memories. I wrote some stuff that made bird sounds on
my C64. What fun. My first and only code.
joevan

Rob K 01-10-2005 11:56 PM

Re: Commodore 64 - A New Computer

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:35:03 GMT, joevan wrote:

<snip>
> Wow, brings back memories. I wrote some stuff that made bird sounds on
> my C64. What fun. My first and only code.
> joevan

My very first 'PC' had a stunning 1KB memory. Must look in the attic.
Maybe we can create a C64 bouncing ball making bird sounds ;)

--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:
gvgnavhz217@ubgznvy.pbz

Voltardo 01-11-2005 03:36 AM

Rob K wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, Ionizer wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
>>Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles

> The good old C64 - the 'computer' I wrote my first (and last) machine
> code for - a bouncing ball.
> Thanks Ian.

Mine was two balloons that passed left to right and you could shoot them
down with a missile. The happiest hours were spent playing Q-Bert. I got
through the 7th and last level but there were no drum rolls, nothing as
I had expected. <sigh> Good ole days, indeed.

BIG NIGE 01-11-2005 08:29 AM

Re: Commodore 64 - A New Computer

Used to have great fun playing the text adventure games. (and then great
advances - some of them had PICTURES).

Joel Rubin 01-11-2005 12:03 PM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote:

>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...d10900725db18d
>
>Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet articles
>here: http://www.google.com/googlegroups/a...nounce_20.html

For a while I was an assistant sysop on the Compuserve C'64 forums.

One thing that is sorely missing - Commodore had an online service
which later morphed into AOL. Well, they dumped Commodore without
giving people time to archive the messages, uploaded programs, et
alia.

Here is a joke only for 6502-ish geeks. What do C'64 machine language
programmers have for breakfast? A short stack.

Michael Raley 01-11-2005 04:18 PM

Re: Commodore 64 - A New Computer

Wow---hey what about those great 5.25 disks----hey hey hey smarter than the
average ranger -boo-boo
"Joel Rubin" <jmrubin@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:26:13 -0500, "Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote:
>

>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...hread/0c53b63b

ebd15e8c#e9d10900725db18d

theortician@hotmail.com 01-11-2005 04:33 PM

Re: Commodore 64 - A New Computer

I like this Commodore 64! Never needed to get the 128. Sure was hard
to load Windows Xp though!!!!!!Think I should update?

Haha. Really, thanks for posting these archives. They were so fun to
read and live over again!
-Stephen

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ 01-13-2005 04:48 AM

Voltardo wrote:

>>> Google has lovingly archived over twenty years' worth of Usenet
>>> articles

>> The good old C64 - the 'computer' I wrote my first (and last)
>> machine code for - a bouncing ball. Thanks Ian.

> Mine was two balloons that passed left to right and you could shoot
> them down with a missile. The happiest hours were spent playing
> Q-Bert. I got through the 7th and last level but there were no drum
> rolls, nothing as I had expected. <sigh> Good ole days, indeed.

Damn... I can still remember MOST of the "debug" program I used
frequently when the disk drive cocked up....

10 open 8
20 read $,8
30 print $
40 close 8

...or SOMETHING like that... damn, it HAS been a long time!

--
MichaelJ@BuffNET.net
BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor