Velocity Reviews

-   -   Encryption software... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t215817-encryption-software.html)

Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu 01-10-2005 02:32 PM

Encryption software...

.... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.

State your recommendations and why?

Ira Hayes 01-10-2005 02:33 PM

Re: Encryption software...

"Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu" <kcuk@kcukk.cuk> wrote in message
> ... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.
>
> State your recommendations and why?

I like PGP.

High security, ease of use, low price.

Ike

John Smith 01-10-2005 06:54 PM

Re: Encryption software...

Damian wrote:

>> By that logic, you'd trust the XP firewall instead of a third-party
>> one? Just because "it came with XP" doesn't mean it's the best
>> solution, ****.

> Actually ****, you _can_ trust the XP Firewall.

Not to prevent OUTGOING data, ****. The XP firewall only prevents
INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
not get a clue before responding?

Damian 01-10-2005 07:48 PM

Re: Encryption software...

John Smith wrote:
> Damian wrote:
>
>>> By that logic, you'd trust the XP firewall instead of a third-party
>>> one? Just because "it came with XP" doesn't mean it's the best
>>> solution, ****.

>> Actually ****, you _can_ trust the XP Firewall.

> Not to prevent OUTGOING data, ****. The XP firewall only prevents
> INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
> not get a clue before responding?

Typical ****. Adds a 'clarification' after he gets called on posting his
bullshit. You're in need of the clue arsehole.

Dimitris 01-10-2005 07:51 PM

Re: Encryption software...

John Smith wrote:
> Damian wrote:
>
>>> By that logic, you'd trust the XP firewall instead of a third-party
>>> one? Just because "it came with XP" doesn't mean it's the best
>>> solution, ****.

>> Actually ****, you _can_ trust the XP Firewall.

> Not to prevent OUTGOING data, ****. The XP firewall only prevents
> INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
> not get a clue before responding?

John, John, John... you should have quit while you were behind instead of
that lame attempt to cover your ass. Your original post was wrong. It's that
simple... Now, you've confirmed that /YOU'RE/ the ****.

Kickmuck Scrotox 01-10-2005 08:12 PM

Re: Encryption software...

John Smith wrote:
> Damian wrote:
>
>>> By that logic, you'd trust the XP firewall instead of a third-party
>>> one? Just because "it came with XP" doesn't mean it's the best
>>> solution, ****.

>> Actually ****, you _can_ trust the XP Firewall.

> Not to prevent OUTGOING data, ****. The XP firewall only prevents
> INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
> not get a clue before responding?

Show where the poster cited an opinion on data flow,
you dumb ****stick.

lsj7 01-10-2005 08:49 PM

Re: Encryption software...

Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu wrote:
> ... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.
>
> State your recommendations and why?

http://www.osborn-software.com/

ease of use

--

Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their
attention. .If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you

_________Jefferson to Carrington 1787

lsj7

John Wunderlich 01-10-2005 09:23 PM

Re: Encryption software...

"Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu" <kcuk@kcukk.cuk> wrote in

> ... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.
>
> State your recommendations and why?

I like TrueCrypt (on-the-fly-encryption). It has industrial strength
encryption, it's free, container files may be moved encrypted to other
machines.

<http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/>

-- John

lsj7 01-10-2005 10:08 PM

Re: Encryption software...

lsj7 wrote:
> Kumud Ranjan Supri Kumwamkia Sumu wrote:
>> ... for volumes, folders and files with XP Pro.
>>
>> State your recommendations and why?

> http://www.osborn-software.com/
>
> ease of use

or download it from here:

http://www.sofotex.com/Atronics-File...ad_L13337.html

Governor Swill 01-11-2005 08:19 PM

Re: Encryption software...

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:51:40 -0800, "Dimitris" <noone@noplace.org>
wrote:

>> Not to prevent OUTGOING data, ****. The XP firewall only prevents
>> INCOMING data, and doesn't prevent apps from "phoning home". Why
>> not get a clue before responding?

>John, John, John... you should have quit while you were behind instead of
>that lame attempt to cover your ass. Your original post was wrong. It's that
>simple... Now, you've confirmed that /YOU'RE/ the ****.

ALWAYS TRUST MICRO$OFT!!!! AND BILL GATE$!!!1

Swill

--
If electricity comes from electrons,
does morality come from morons?