Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sympatico E-mail through Outlook 6 Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t215806-sympatico-e-mail-through-outlook-6-problem.html)

Daniel Minuth 01-10-2005 09:43 AM

Sympatico E-mail through Outlook 6 Problem

Hiya folks,
here's my problem. Just got highspeed and am loving it BUT...
whenever i try to access my e-mail address either through my IE browser or
outlook it does not work.

does it matter that in oulook it asks for a POP3 address and my sympatico is
POPHM ???

any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian 01-10-2005 05:08 PM

Re: Sympatico E-mail through Outlook 6 Problem

"Daniel Minuth" <dminuth@sympatico.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:66sEd.6823$b64.231192@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> Hiya folks,
> here's my problem. Just got highspeed and am loving it BUT...
> whenever i try to access my e-mail address either through my IE browser or
> outlook it does not work.
>
> does it matter that in oulook it asks for a POP3 address and my sympatico

is
> POPHM ???
>
> any help is greatly appreciated.

snippet from:
http://www.broadbandreports.com/foru...5135~mode=flat
/
"I have been provided with the following information:

Sympatico settings are
pophm.sympatico.ca
smtphm.sympatico.ca

SSL needs to be checked both incomming and outgoing with port of 25 for pop
and 995 for smtp also requires authentication for outgoing mail....thats the
settings for OE that work"
\

also: port 995 could be blocked if you are accessing the net via a NAT
router. you will have to forward port 995 to your pc. read the router
documentation to find out how to do that

Brian 01-10-2005 05:11 PM

Re: Sympatico E-mail through Outlook 6 Problem

"Daniel Minuth" <dminuth@sympatico.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:66sEd.6823$b64.231192@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> Hiya folks,
> here's my problem. Just got highspeed and am loving it BUT...
> whenever i try to access my e-mail address either through my IE browser or
> outlook it does not work.
>
> does it matter that in oulook it asks for a POP3 address and my sympatico

is
> POPHM ???
>
> any help is greatly appreciated.

you may also want to take a peak here:

http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cf...category_id=56

PuppyKatt 01-12-2005 05:45 AM

Re: Sympatico E-mail through Outlook 6 Problem

Contact the tech support persons at sympatico. They should be 24/7. I have
never heard of POPHM, so I can't say. I also use their high speed, and my
e-mail is POP3.