Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: complement??? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t21544-re-complement.html)

Pieter Hulshoff 08-17-2003 11:47 AM

Re: complement???

> Please, can anybody tell me why do I get e as a complement of a when I
> simulate this examle in Aldec's AHDL with waveform?

The complement is caused because your process is only called once on a
change of a, causing e to always lag one change behind a. I don't know
exactly what this design is supposed to do, but if you wish to just connect
a to e, why not settle for e <= a? If you insist on using connect, then at
least place it in the sensitivity list or in the wait on list:

barrel: PROCESS (a, e) IS
BEGIN
connect <= a;
e <= connect;