Velocity Reviews

-   -   Freeserve Dialup connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t215368-freeserve-dialup-connection.html)

gary 01-04-2005 08:40 PM

Freeserve Dialup connection

Hi
Sometimes my freeserve dialup goes offline quite quickly & i have to
redial every 5 minutes! Why is this?
Also,when i'm online, i have to wait, sometimes a long time after i click
on a website or a link & then it goes to it, anyone know why!
Cheers
Gaz

George 01-04-2005 09:12 PM

Re: Freeserve Dialup connection

"gary" <gary@marsden74.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> Sometimes my freeserve dialup goes offline quite quickly & i have to
> redial every 5 minutes! Why is this?
> Also,when i'm online, i have to wait, sometimes a long time after i click
> on a website or a link & then it goes to it, anyone know why!
> Cheers
> Gaz

Over Xmas I experienced this problem for a day, I think it happens when they
get busy, it was not a system fault with me, it was purely a fault with
wanadoo. Eg. note freeserve is now wanadoo

Starshine Moonbeam 01-04-2005 11:13 PM

Re: Freeserve Dialup connection

In article <crev5c$v5e$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, gary
(gary@marsden74.fsnet.co.uk) dropped a +5 bundle of words...

> Hi
> Sometimes my freeserve dialup goes offline quite quickly & i have to
> redial every 5 minutes! Why is this?
> Also,when i'm online, i have to wait, sometimes a long time after i click
> on a website or a link & then it goes to it, anyone know why!
> Cheers
> Gaz

Start ---> settings ---> dial-up networking

right click the connection and select properties.

select the dialing tab.

uncheck the boxes that say enable idle disconnect and disconnect if
connection may not be needed

--
Starshine Moonbeam
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30