Velocity Reviews

-   -   Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 not working (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t215173-samsung-dvd-rom-sd-608-not-working.html)

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt 01-02-2005 12:46 PM

Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 not working

Hi,

I have two CD-ROMs. One is Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 and the other is a
Phillips re-writable CD-ROM.

Now, a virus corrupted my drivers and both vanished from my Computer
button. Now, one Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 is appearing but when I load it
with any CD it does not read. The eject button works.

There is another error appearing under "Other devices" with a question
mark ? and under it PCI-Parrallel Controller a question mark ? and !
mark. Both are yellow coloured.

I am using Win98SE.

I went to Samsung Official web site and it seems the drivers for SD-608
are not available. There are other models.

How could you help me please? I can ring a person in U.K. for on line
help.

My tel. 0118 962 3200

Rajinder

tinytim 01-02-2005 01:51 PM

Re: Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 not working

"Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <rajinder.nijjhar@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have two CD-ROMs. One is Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 and the other is a
> Phillips re-writable CD-ROM.
>
> Now, a virus corrupted my drivers and both vanished from my Computer
> button. Now, one Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 is appearing but when I load it
> with any CD it does not read. The eject button works.
>
> There is another error appearing under "Other devices" with a question
> mark ? and under it PCI-Parrallel Controller a question mark ? and !
> mark. Both are yellow coloured.
>
> I am using Win98SE.
>
> I went to Samsung Official web site and it seems the drivers for SD-608
> are not available. There are other models.
>
> How could you help me please? I can ring a person in U.K. for on line
> help.
>
> My tel. 0118 962 3200
>
> Rajinder

This worked for me, replacing my missing Windows drivers....."cdgone"

http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=9924

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt 01-05-2005 10:36 AM

Re: Samsung DVD-ROM SD-608 not working

Hi,

I have found that the driver for this Drive is obsolete. Could not find
it on the web site of Samsung either.

Rajinder