Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: vhdl UART (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t21514-re-vhdl-uart.html)

Mike Treseler 08-08-2003 05:15 PM

Re: vhdl UART

SneakerNet wrote:

> The receive module of the uart has these I/Os:
> clock: input
> baudclock: input
> RxD: input
> Data_FromPC[7..0]: output

That would be Data_To_PC

> RxComplete: output
>
> The I/O's are self-explanatory.
> Now how can i use the RxComplete signal to implement the buffer? Help. Any
> info/advice appreciated.

1 8 8
RxD]---[UART]---/--[FIFO]--/---[Data_To_PC

-- Mike Treseler

SneakerNet 08-10-2003 08:45 PM

Re: vhdl UART

Hi Mike..

I would like to point out that this is a receiver module (Rx) so what I
wrote was correct. It is Data_FromPc[7..0] as it is a uart module that
receives data from PC and sends it to other modules within FPGA. I don't
know how you got the idea that it is Data_To_PC!.

Anyway I have no idea what your reply means. Can you pls be more clear in
this area.

Cheers