Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird news groups (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t214839-thunderbird-news-groups.html)

RAS 12-28-2004 03:28 PM

Thunderbird news groups

I may be missing something here but I cannot find a way to delete newsgroup
images in thunderbird. I get a message that says I am not the author of the
image so I cannot delete it. I want to highlight all the images and delete
them like in outlook. Any thoughts about this??? Thanks in advance

Bob S.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov 12-28-2004 05:22 PM

Re: Thunderbird news groups

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:28:13 GMT, "RAS" <r.severson@comcast.net> wrote:

|> I may be missing something here but I cannot find a way to delete newsgroup
|> images in thunderbird. I get a message that says I am not the author of the
|> image so I cannot delete it. I want to highlight all the images and delete
|> them like in outlook. Any thoughts about this??? Thanks in advance

Your not selecting "cancel usenet message" are you?

Don't know thunderbird, but it's pretty universal to highlight and hit
the delete key.

--
http://tinyurl.com/4gdp7

Gordon 12-28-2004 05:46 PM

Re: Thunderbird news groups

RAS wrote:
> I may be missing something here but I cannot find a way to delete newsgroup
> images in thunderbird. I get a message that says I am not the author of the
> image so I cannot delete it. I want to highlight all the images and delete
> them like in outlook. Any thoughts about this??? Thanks in advance
>
> Bob S.

I'm afraid Thunderbird doesn't allow you to delete newsgroup posts. the
only thing you can do is to set the purge parameter in Tools-Account
Settings-(News Server)-Disk space.