Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Decoder (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t214226-dvd-decoder.html)

Alison 12-18-2004 06:35 AM

DVD Decoder

When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,

Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
decoder is not installed on your computer.

How can I solve this problem?

The Old Sourdough 12-18-2004 06:41 AM

Re: DVD Decoder

On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
>
> Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
> decoder is not installed on your computer.
>
> How can I solve this problem?

Install a compatible DVD decoder?

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

Alison 12-18-2004 08:09 AM

Re: DVD Decoder

"The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
news:Xns95C3114573D79dontbothertoreplyall@192.168. 1.5...
> On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
> > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
> >
> > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
> > decoder is not installed on your computer.
> >
> > How can I solve this problem?
> >

> Install a compatible DVD decoder?

> --
> The Old Sourdough
> BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.

Alison

WormWood 12-18-2004 08:23 AM

Re: DVD Decoder

"Alison" <ashadpour12@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
> news:Xns95C3114573D79dontbothertoreplyall@192.168. 1.5...
>> On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>> > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
>> >
>> > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
>> > decoder is not installed on your computer.
>> >
>> > How can I solve this problem?
>> >

>> Install a compatible DVD decoder?

> Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.

You could start by furnishing some leads yourself. All the mindreaders
have either logged out, passed out or been carried out. Start by
furnishing your OS, DVD specs, anything that can be plugged into Google.

Conor 12-18-2004 11:35 AM

Re: DVD Decoder

In article Alison says...

> Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.

You can pay Microsoft $19.99 or find a copy of WinDVD, PowerDVD or
similar and install them.

--
Conor

A man alone in the forest is talking to himself and no women around to
hear him. Is he still wrong?

The Old Sourdough 12-18-2004 11:53 AM

Re: DVD Decoder

On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
> news:Xns95C3114573D79dontbothertoreplyall@192.168. 1.5...
>> On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>> > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
>> >
>> > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
>> > decoder is not installed on your computer.
>> >
>> > How can I solve this problem?
>> >

>> Install a compatible DVD decoder?

>> --
>> The Old Sourdough
>> BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

> Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.
>
> Alison

Well, your original post is rather vague, don't you think? My crystal
ball is kinda murky today, which makes it rather difficult to tell what
Operating System, the make and model of your DVD player, the version of
Windows Media Player you're using, and so forth. However, the best
place to start is probably here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...cdownload.aspx

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

The Old Sourdough 12-18-2004 12:17 PM

Re: DVD Decoder

On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
> news:Xns95C3114573D79dontbothertoreplyall@192.168. 1.5...
>> On 18 Dec 2004, Alison scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>> > When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
>> >
>> > Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
>> > decoder is not installed on your computer.
>> >
>> > How can I solve this problem?
>> >

>> Install a compatible DVD decoder?

>> --
>> The Old Sourdough
>> BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

> Where do I get the DVD decoder from? Please give me some leads.
>
> Alison

Oops! Here's the link I meant to give you:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../mp10/faq.aspx

Between the two, you ought to be able to come up with something.

--
The Old Sourdough
BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

Toolman Tim 12-18-2004 04:54 PM

Re: DVD Decoder

| When I put a DVD into my computer DVD player I get this message,
|
| Windows Media Player cannot play the DVD because a compatible DVD
| decoder is not installed on your computer.
|
| How can I solve this problem?

If this link is still active, it should work for you:
ftp://iseb2.surgi.dote.hu/Microsoft/...ck/DVDPack.msi

Otherwise, you'll have to find a decoder plug-in that will cost about $15 or
$20, or buy a stand-alone DVD player software. I use WinDVD, and got it
cheap at www.fairauction.com, but it isn't listed right now.