Velocity Reviews

-   -   I.E. 6 crash (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t214116-i-e-6-crash.html)

Sue 12-16-2004 01:19 AM

I.E. 6 crash

Trying to access www.playerlink.com causes I.E. 6 to crash. Running Windows
98. Any ideas? Thanks

WormWood 12-16-2004 02:13 AM

Re: I.E. 6 crash

Hi, Sue
It's ok here.....have you cleaned up your cache, History, cookies, etc.
lately?

Sue 12-16-2004 02:52 AM

Re: I.E. 6 crash

It seems that anything having to do with Java causes a crash. Even going to
start>settings>control panel>java causes crash.

WormWood 12-16-2004 03:55 AM

Re: I.E. 6 crash

> It seems that anything having to do with Java causes a crash. Even
> going to
> start>settings>control panel>java causes crash.

I think you'll find an application in your C:\Programs\ named Java
Webstart. You should delete this and if it isn't in Control Panel /
Add/Remove, then you can use the uninstall file/program found in the
Java Webstart folder. I just did this today because it was slowing down
everything and causing OE to not respond whenever I clicked on a link.
It did the trick!

Sue 12-16-2004 12:59 PM

Re: I.E. 6 crash

Wormwood,

I did not find Java Webstart in C:\Programs or anywhere else.

In add/remove programs, I only have Java 2 Runtime Environment SE 1.4.2.
Would you suggest removing this and then downloading it anew? Please bear in
mind that you are dealing with a novice here.

Thanks for your help.

WormWood 12-16-2004 01:33 PM

Re: I.E. 6 crash

"Sue" wrote:
> Wormwood,
>
> I did not find Java Webstart in C:\Programs or anywhere else.
>
> In add/remove programs, I only have Java 2 Runtime Environment SE
> 1.4.2.
> Would you suggest removing this and then downloading it anew? Please
> bear in
> mind that you are dealing with a novice here.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Then I expect you don't have it. I have no other ideas, sorry.