Velocity Reviews

-   -   Joining files with one part missing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t214087-joining-files-with-one-part-missing.html)

Krish Sundar 12-15-2004 03:23 PM

Joining files with one part missing

I spilit a large zip files into 4 parts using one of the 'spliters'
available in the net and by mistake I have deleted part no.3(and also
the original!). Now when I do a

copy /b file.001+file.002 file.zip

winzip complains that the resultant file is not complete(or something
like that).
Any idea how to fix this? Can I somehow atleast get the data found in
the 2 parts?

Thanks!

°Mike° 12-15-2004 05:35 PM

Re: Joining files with one part missing

Get the original again.

On 15 Dec 2004 07:23:35 -0800, in
<1103124215.020181.123390@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups .com>
Krish Sundar scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

gruffydd 12-15-2004 05:38 PM

Re: Joining files with one part missing

is the missing part in your dump bin [trash can] if so, can you not retrieve
it?

Valverdez 12-15-2004 10:44 PM

"Krish Sundar" <calvinkrishy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1103124215.020181.123390@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
>I spilit a large zip files into 4 parts using one of the 'spliters'
> available in the net and by mistake I have deleted part no.3(and also
> the original!). Now when I do a
>
> copy /b file.001+file.002 file.zip
>
> winzip complains that the resultant file is not complete(or something
> like that).
> Any idea how to fix this? Can I somehow atleast get the data found in
> the 2 parts?
>
> Thanks!

Think about that for a minute... If I rip out some pages in a book, will
the book magically recreate the pages for me? If you deleted a part, there
is no way for it to recombine the file, it does not split the file ike you
would split a book, say by pages or chapters, it splits the data. Example,
the letter "A" may be repeated 3465 times in the data, it does not take 3465
"A's" it takes one "A" and tags it's location in the data. Without all the
data, there is no way to recombine the file, sorry to be the barer of bad
news.

Valverde