Velocity Reviews

-   -   torrent progs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t213943-torrent-progs.html)

Timberwolf 12-13-2004 12:04 AM

torrent progs

I currently use tornado--some have suggested getting BitLord.
Anyone have valid preferences?and why?

cheers
timberwolf

SgtMinor 12-13-2004 01:04 AM

Re: torrent progs

Timberwolf wrote:
> I currently use tornado--some have suggested getting BitLord.
> Anyone have valid preferences?and why?
>
> cheers
> timberwolf

What's wrong with tornado?

--
"I have preferences, but they're not really valid. Damned if I know."

Timberwolf 12-13-2004 01:12 AM

Re: torrent progs

"SgtMinor" <Sarge@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in message
> Timberwolf wrote:
>> I currently use tornado--some have suggested getting BitLord.
>> Anyone have valid preferences?and why?
>>
>> cheers
>> timberwolf

> What's wrong with tornado?
>
> --
> "I have preferences, but they're not really valid. Damned if I know."

Nothing wrong with tornado--Bitlord apparently has a search built in.
Just asking around

Richard 12-13-2004 01:36 AM

Re: torrent progs

Timberwolf wrote:

> "SgtMinor" <Sarge@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in message
>> Timberwolf wrote:
>>> I currently use tornado--some have suggested getting BitLord.
>>> Anyone have valid preferences?and why?
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> timberwolf

>> What's wrong with tornado?
>>
>> --
>> "I have preferences, but they're not really valid. Damned if I know."
>>

> Nothing wrong with tornado--Bitlord apparently has a search built in.
> Just asking around

Try turbotorrent.
I've given up on filesharing programs.
Every one of them rely to heavily on uploading even while you're downloading
the first file.

http://www.download.com/Turbo-Torren...-10342356.html

Parko 12-13-2004 08:09 AM

Re: torrent progs

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:36:00 -0600, Richard wrote:

> Timberwolf wrote:
>

> > "SgtMinor" <Sarge@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in message

> >> What's wrong with tornado?
> >>
> >> --
> >> "I have preferences, but they're not really valid. Damned if I know."
> >>

> > Nothing wrong with tornado--Bitlord apparently has a search built in.
> > Just asking around

> Try turbotorrent.
> I've given up on filesharing programs.
> Every one of them rely to heavily on uploading even while you're downloading
> the first file.
>
> http://www.download.com/Turbo-Torren...-10342356.html

Um, isn't that what file sharing about? Or are you a leech?
And why do you need a GUI anyway?

Azureus, if you must.
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345

Terje Johan Abrahamsen 12-13-2004 08:51 AM

Re: torrent progs

"Timberwolf" <howling@themoon.invalid> wrote in message
> I currently use tornado--some have suggested getting BitLord.
> Anyone have valid preferences?and why?

Azureus

Lady Chatterly 12-13-2004 09:04 AM

Re: torrent progs

In article <pan.2004.12.13.08.05.02.335354@hotmail.com> Parko <looselips@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:36:00 -0600, Richard wrote:
>
>> Timberwolf wrote:
>>

>> > "SgtMinor" <Sarge@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in message

>> > Nothing wrong with tornado--Bitlord apparently has a search built in.
>> > Just asking around

>> Try turbotorrent.
>> I've given up on filesharing programs.
>> Every one of them rely to heavily on uploading even while you're downloading
>> the first file.
>>
>> http://www.download.com/Turbo-Torren...-10342356.html

>Um, isn't<THWACK>

Do you think that he need a gui anyway?

--
Lady Chatterly

"...that the appearance of Lady Chatterly is really the return of
"MDKnight" -- Harry Sheil

doS 12-15-2004 02:36 AM

Re: torrent progs

http://money.cnn.com/2004/12/14/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes