Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need help/support with mediacom's/at&t newsgroup issues (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t213822-need-help-support-with-mediacoms-at-and-t-newsgroup-issues.html)

Disinter Haruspex 12-10-2004 05:38 PM

Need help/support with mediacom's/at&t newsgroup issues

I recently requested of my ISP to add the following group: alt.binaries.mma
and this was the reply I got:

"I apoligize for the lack of a reply for last week. The online support is
taken care of by our "office" support. I looked into the newsgroup issue,
and upon querying the server the first newsgroup I saw was
online24hour.support. Since the newsgroup server and the email servers are
not adminstrated by us directly, but instead by AT&T, I would suggest that
you look for help within that group. I will, in the meantime, forward this
email to my supervisors in the chance there is a way we can escalate this
matter."

I did a search for the newsgroup: online24hour.support and of course it did
not exist, this newsgroup was the closest I found to what they suggested.
So I guess I am here to ask for help to getting that newsgroup added. Can
anyone help?

Phil 12-11-2004 08:36 PM

Re: Need help/support with mediacom's/at&t newsgroup issues

On 11.12 2004, Disinter Haruspex wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I recently requested of my ISP to add the following group:
> alt.binaries.mma and this was the reply I got:
>
> "I apoligize for the lack of a reply for last week. The online
> support is taken care of by our "office" support. I looked into the
> newsgroup issue, and upon querying the server the first newsgroup I
> saw was online24hour.support. Since the newsgroup server and the
> email servers are not adminstrated by us directly, but instead by
> AT&T, I would suggest that you look for help within that group. I
> will, in the meantime, forward this email to my supervisors in the
> chance there is a way we can escalate this matter."
>
> I did a search for the newsgroup: online24hour.support and of course
> it did not exist, this newsgroup was the closest I found to what they
> suggested. So I guess I am here to ask for help to getting that
> newsgroup added. Can anyone help?

This group isn't associated with yours or any other ISP. If you want a
news group added to your ISP's server, then you have to ask your ISP, I'm
afraid.