Velocity Reviews

-   -   Task bar icon preview? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t213630-task-bar-icon-preview.html)

manfred 12-07-2004 04:10 PM

Task bar icon preview?

Here's one for you all. When you place the cursor over an icon in the task
bar you get a pop-up identifying or previewing the selection. I see only the
extreme upper part of the pop-up. It doesn't rise high enough to read (view)
it. Is there a remedy for that problem?

Huh!!

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov 12-07-2004 04:48 PM

Re: Task bar icon preview?

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:10:49 -0500, "manfred" <strings@adelphia.net>
wrote:

|> Here's one for you all. When you place the cursor over an icon in the task
|> bar you get a pop-up identifying or previewing the selection. I see only the
|> extreme upper part of the pop-up. It doesn't rise high enough to read (view)
|> it. Is there a remedy for that problem?

Just a guess.

Right click desktop > properties > Appearance > Advanced

Under Item: select tooltip, make sure it's Tahoma and 8.

manfred 12-07-2004 06:18 PM

Re: Task bar icon preview?

Thank you, that did it......
Manfred

ex cathedra 12-07-2004 08:18 PM

Re: Task bar icon preview?

<Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov> wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:10:49 -0500, "manfred" <strings@adelphia.net>
> wrote:
>
> |> Here's one for you all. When you place the cursor over an icon in the
> task
> |> bar you get a pop-up identifying or previewing the selection. I see
> only the
> |> extreme upper part of the pop-up. It doesn't rise high enough to read
> (view)
> |> it. Is there a remedy for that problem?
>
> Just a guess.
>
> Right click desktop > properties > Appearance > Advanced
>
> Under Item: select tooltip, make sure it's Tahoma and 8.

On mine (XP), the Font box is grayed out? Why is that?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.gov 12-08-2004 08:20 AM

Re: Task bar icon preview?

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:18:39 GMT, "ex cathedra"
<herbharris33nospam@xxxhotmail.com> wrote:

|> > Right click desktop > properties > Appearance > Advanced
|> >
|> > Under Item: select tooltip, make sure it's Tahoma and 8.
|>

|> On mine (XP), the Font box is grayed out? Why is that?

It means you can't change it, as to why not, I have no clue in your
case. Unless your sitting in a library or other public accessible
computer, then there is a group policy preventing this.

--
http://tinyurl.com/6rrg2