Velocity Reviews

-   -   Could someone recommend a codec pack please (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t213557-could-someone-recommend-a-codec-pack-please.html)

Buffy 12-06-2004 03:58 PM

Could someone recommend a codec pack please

Hi I am currently unable to fast forward or rewind some downloaded
videos. I have a DivX player installed that I view them on but no
additional things installed. I am thinking that I need one of these
codec packs to enable me to fast forward etc. I've no idea what to get
but Ive heard that a lot of them will cause system crashes etc

Thanks

tcg 12-06-2004 05:00 PM

Re: Could someone recommend a codec pack please

"Buffy" <stuartDONT-SEND-ME@aberhondduRUBBISH!!!!!!.me.uk> wrote in message
> Hi I am currently unable to fast forward or rewind some downloaded
> videos. I have a DivX player installed that I view them on but no
> additional things installed. I am thinking that I need one of these
> codec packs to enable me to fast forward etc. I've no idea what to get
> but Ive heard that a lot of them will cause system crashes etc
>
> Thanks

You probably don't need to DL the player that comes with the codec.

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

Valverdez 12-06-2004 05:02 PM

Re: Could someone recommend a codec pack please

"Buffy" <stuartDONT-SEND-ME@aberhondduRUBBISH!!!!!!.me.uk> wrote in message
> Hi I am currently unable to fast forward or rewind some downloaded videos.
> I have a DivX player installed that I view them on but no additional
> things installed. I am thinking that I need one of these codec packs to
> enable me to fast forward etc. I've no idea what to get but Ive heard that
> a lot of them will cause system crashes etc
>
> Thanks

Just make sure that you have the current coded installed for playing DIVX
files, I believe they are up to 5.2.something now. Go to
http://www.divx.com/ and download the new player, this will have all the
latest codecs with it.

Valverde

Barry OGrady 12-07-2004 12:51 AM

Re: Could someone recommend a codec pack please

Yes

-Barry
========

gangle 12-07-2004 08:47 AM

Re: Could someone recommend a codec pack please

"Buffy" wrote
> Hi I am currently unable to fast forward or rewind some downloaded
> videos. I have a DivX player installed that I view them on but no
> additional things installed. I am thinking that I need one of these
> codec packs to enable me to fast forward etc. I've no idea what to get
> but Ive heard that a lot of them will cause system crashes etc

Don't use codec packs. You should install codecs, one at
a time, only if/when needed. Use GSpot to tell you what codec
was used to compress an avi file.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/