Velocity Reviews

-   -   Analogue V DVI display quality (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t213448-analogue-v-dvi-display-quality.html)

xxxxxxxxxx 12-04-2004 05:52 PM

Analogue V DVI display quality

Hi

I have a LCD monitor with both Analogue & Dvi inputs. I use it curently with
an Nvidia 440MX AGP card and analogue cable. Would the picture quality be
improved on my monitor if I changed to a new video card and connected to the
monitor by a Dvi cable ?

Any advice on this and choosing a suitable card would be most helpful.

Jas

Dennis Turner 12-05-2004 04:32 AM

Re: Analogue V DVI display quality

xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a LCD monitor with both Analogue & Dvi inputs. I use it curently with
> an Nvidia 440MX AGP card and analogue cable. Would the picture quality be
> improved on my monitor if I changed to a new video card and connected to the
> monitor by a Dvi cable ?
>
> Any advice on this and choosing a suitable card would be most helpful.
>
> Jas

Theoretically the image should be better with a digital output .. . but
the difference is not really noticeable for most people. The main
benefit of a newer card would be more RAM and a faster GPU.

Pete Angelakos 12-05-2004 06:25 PM

Re: Analogue V DVI display quality

My Hitachi LCD and ATI video card both have DVI & analog connections. I
purchased this hardware thinking the DVI would be "better". I have had both
about a year and have connected them both ways several times. I cannot see
any difference. At one time, Hitachi had some information on their website
stating that most people would not be able to tell the difference between
digital & analog. I should have listened. :)
Hope this helps.
Pete