Velocity Reviews

-   -   Zone Alarm (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t212991-zone-alarm.html)

jtrip9ball 11-27-2004 04:39 PM

Zone Alarm

I cannot unistall, repair or reinstall Zone Alarm. I get the message
"Valadation failed C:\Windows\Temp\vsinit.dll" when I try to do any of
the above, I tried deleting it from temp folder but it pops back up
when I try to do anything.

SgtMinor 11-27-2004 05:04 PM

Re: Zone Alarm

jtrip9ball wrote:

> I cannot unistall, repair or reinstall Zone Alarm. I get the message
> "Valadation failed C:\Windows\Temp\vsinit.dll" when I try to do any of
> the above, I tried deleting it from temp folder but it pops back up
> when I try to do anything.

Check the Help function. You may find something like this: "If you
need to uninstall Zone Labs security software, run the uninstall program
included with your installation rather than using the Windows Add/Remove
Programs utility. This ensures that all traces of Zone Labs security
software are removed from your computer."

Ramesh Pun 11-27-2004 05:53 PM

Re: Zone Alarm

http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust25/P...ion_error.html

jenalynf 04-01-2009 11:11 PM

Cannot repair or delete zonealarm

I have tried to repair/delete ZoneAlarm and it will not allow me. I have tried using the Add/Remove feature and the uninstall feature in the zone alarm folder. Nothing I do seems to work. When I do try I get a message that says "You do not have access to make the required system configurations modifications. Please rerun this installations from an administrators account" which is followed by another error box that says "Could not load the DLL library C:\Docume~\KAUAIH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\vsutil.dll (WSERmdir). The specified procedure could not be found." This is fustrating me because I am the administrator on my computer.

The reason for me wanting to do this is because I cannot open Zone Alarm. It is messing up my firewall and causes my LimeWire to have no connection.

If anyone could be of some help I would greatly appreciate it.