Velocity Reviews

-   -   AVG+Trojan (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t212909-avg-trojan.html)

anOLDun 11-26-2004 12:59 PM

AVG+Trojan

Lo All

I scanned for a virus in a doc in my floppy Drive and here is what i got
back:-

A pop-up window confirmed "virus"healed

From the "Test results" page i found the following info:-

"RESULT -Trojan horse Downloader.small.7.ad
"STATUS - infected, Embedded object

..........but when i ran AVG again it was still there.

I checked to see if it had been moved into the "vault"....the vault has a
"virus" from an email downloaded this mornin. There is no reference to the
"floppy" virus.

Can i assume that even though AVG keeps "seeing" this trojan virus" it has
been "healed"???????

Cheers

Rob K 11-26-2004 01:43 PM

Re: AVG+Trojan

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:59:07 -0000, anOLDun wrote:

<snip>

> Can i assume that even though AVG keeps "seeing" this trojan virus" it has
> been "healed"???????

No.

Did you know that Grisoft does not provide any info at all about this
specific threat in their virus encyclopaedia ? Don't let şMikeş read
this ... :)

Anyway. You're dealing with a downloader. A downloader is program
designed to retrieve and install additional files, when run. Most will
be configured to retrieve from a designated web or FTP site.

So... get rid of it. Kill the source (the doc on floppy), delete your
temporary internet files for good measure, and run AVG again.

Richard 11-26-2004 01:57 PM

Re: AVG+Trojan

anOLDun wrote:

> Lo All

> I scanned for a virus in a doc in my floppy Drive and here is what i got
> back:-

> A pop-up window confirmed "virus"healed

> From the "Test results" page i found the following info:-

> "RESULT -Trojan horse Downloader.small.7.ad
> "STATUS - infected, Embedded object

> .........but when i ran AVG again it was still there.

> I checked to see if it had been moved into the "vault"....the vault has a
> "virus" from an email downloaded this mornin. There is no reference to
> the "floppy" virus.

> Can i assume that even though AVG keeps "seeing" this trojan virus" it
> has been "healed"???????

> Cheers

You'll need to manually delete the file.
Caution, AVG may open if it is running.
Since this was on a floppy, AVG won't record anything.

Niall J.P. McGahon 11-26-2004 06:07 PM

Re: AVG+Trojan

Might also want to delete your system restore folder incase it is in there,
and as such will still be detected.

anOLDun 11-26-2004 11:33 PM

Re: AVG+Trojan

Once again many thanks for the replies