Velocity Reviews

-   -   I cant go to my yahoo inbox (using IE 5.5) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t212699-i-cant-go-to-my-yahoo-inbox-using-ie-5-5-a.html)

Soumya 11-23-2004 10:56 AM

I cant go to my yahoo inbox (using IE 5.5)

Hi,

Ever since I installed SBC Yahoo DSL(have a wireless dsl modem to connect)
on my laptop..Dell Latitude, I cannot access my inboxes of yahoo and
hotmail. I am checking it using IE 5.5. I login to my account, I can see how
many emails in my inbox. But when I click on the inbox link, I get a 'page
cannot be displayed'. I even tried using Netscape but of no use. I tried
clearing the temp files but didnt help.
My husband has a newer version of dell latitude and has the same sbc yahoo
dsl installed but I can access yahoo emails from that laptop.
Advice and help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Soumya

Old Gringo 11-23-2004 03:47 PM

Re: I cant go to my yahoo inbox (using IE 5.5)

Soumya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ever since I installed SBC Yahoo DSL(have a wireless dsl modem to connect)
> on my laptop..Dell Latitude, I cannot access my inboxes of yahoo and
> hotmail. I am checking it using IE 5.5. I login to my account, I can see how
> many emails in my inbox. But when I click on the inbox link, I get a 'page
> cannot be displayed'. I even tried using Netscape but of no use. I tried
> clearing the temp files but didnt help.
> My husband has a newer version of dell latitude and has the same sbc yahoo
> dsl installed but I can access yahoo emails from that laptop.
> Advice and help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Soumya

It sounds like a trip windows update will help and get the latest
media players while you are there. My Yahoo requires IE 6 or above.

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere

Old Gringo 11-23-2004 03:53 PM

Old Gringo wrote:
> Soumya wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ever since I installed SBC Yahoo DSL(have a wireless dsl modem to
>> connect)
>> on my laptop..Dell Latitude, I cannot access my inboxes of yahoo and
>> hotmail. I am checking it using IE 5.5. I login to my account, I can
>> see how
>> many emails in my inbox. But when I click on the inbox link, I get a
>> 'page
>> cannot be displayed'. I even tried using Netscape but of no use. I tried
>> clearing the temp files but didnt help.
>> My husband has a newer version of dell latitude and has the same sbc
>> yahoo
>> dsl installed but I can access yahoo emails from that laptop.
>> Advice and help is much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Soumya
>>

> It sounds like a trip windows update will help and get the latest media
> players while you are there. My Yahoo requires IE 6 or above.

PS: Most of the essentials needed should be on your SBC Yahoo DSL
installation disk.