Velocity Reviews

-   -   High Performance Brain (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t212439-high-performance-brain.html)

Jason Powell 11-19-2004 08:30 PM

High Performance Brain

I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

John Holmes 11-19-2004 08:54 PM

Re: High Performance Brain

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

Jason Powell came up with this:

> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

I think Mother Nature really hates you because you remind her so much of
all her mistakes!

--
-John Holmes-

"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

Blinky the Shark 11-19-2004 09:00 PM

Re: High Performance Brain

Jason Powell wrote:

> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

Do you have the odd habit of eating old lead-based paint off the walls?

(I don't get this issue; who the hell eats paint off old walls? Who the
hell eats paint off NEW walls? Doesn't mistaking walls for food imply
that there's ALREADY brain damage?)

How about leaded gasoline?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Go Blue -- beat Ohio State and it's off to the Rose Bowl again.

Nik Schlein 11-19-2004 09:10 PM

Re: High Performance Brain

I was thinking under the bridge he lives or from the paint chips he eats

news:slrncpsnmr.7h0.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net ...

trout 11-19-2004 09:21 PM

Re: High Performance Brain

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Jason Powell wrote:
>
>> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
>> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
>> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

> Do you have the odd habit of eating old lead-based paint off the
> walls?
>
> (I don't get this issue; who the hell eats paint off old walls? Who
> the hell eats paint off NEW walls? Doesn't mistaking walls for food
> imply that there's ALREADY brain damage?)

I take it, you're not a parent, and haven't spent a lot of time
around very young children.
--
"You wouldn't ask."

Liz 11-19-2004 09:28 PM

Re: High Performance Brain

"Jason Powell" wrote

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...ing+water+lead

Jim 11-19-2004 09:40 PM

Re: High Performance Brain

Have you been getting cheeky with the local mafia boss, this will often
result with lead in the brain I should imagine.
That can realy **** up the thought process. No disrespect intended.
"Blinky the Shark" <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote in message
news:slrncpsnmr.7h0.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net ...
> Jason Powell wrote:
>
>> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
>> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
>> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

> Do you have the odd habit of eating old lead-based paint off the walls?
>
> (I don't get this issue; who the hell eats paint off old walls? Who the
> hell eats paint off NEW walls? Doesn't mistaking walls for food imply
> that there's ALREADY brain damage?)
>
> How about leaded gasoline?
>
> --
> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
>
> Go Blue -- beat Ohio State and it's off to the Rose Bowl again.

---

Scraggy 11-19-2004 10:08 PM

Re: High Performance Brain

Jason Powell wrote:
> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

Any dark street at say, 2 am. Apparently 357 magnum is particularly noxious.
--
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to
arm bears. -- Chris Addison

Blinky the Shark 11-20-2004 12:40 AM

Re: High Performance Brain

trout wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> Jason Powell wrote:

>>> I have read some information from Google Labs telling me how to make
>>> my brain perform better. It says that lead is bad for the brain.
>>> Where are we in danger of contracting lead?

>> Do you have the odd habit of eating old lead-based paint off the
>> walls?

>> (I don't get this issue; who the hell eats paint off old walls? Who
>> the hell eats paint off NEW walls? Doesn't mistaking walls for food
>> imply that there's ALREADY brain damage?)

> I take it, you're not a parent, and haven't spent a lot of time
> around very young children.

I have a kid, but didn't spend much time around her. Apparently I
should've been there more, to teach her how to correctly eat paint
off the walls. :)

Blinky the Shark 11-20-2004 12:41 AM

Re: High Performance Brain

Jim wrote:

> Have you been getting cheeky with the local mafia boss, this will often
> result with lead in the brain I should imagine.

Sharks don't have much in the way of cheeks.