Velocity Reviews

-   -   Advise needed re Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera (driver needed) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t212329-advise-needed-re-olympus-camedia-c-3030-zoom-camera-driver-needed.html)

Arawak 11-18-2004 02:52 AM

Advise needed re Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera (driver needed)

I can't find the original CD and and when I plug the USB connector
from the camera to my PC running XP Pro, it identifies the new
hardware (camera) correctly but asks for drivers to be installed.
Any help is appreciated. Olympus website just offers a download for
the upgraded software version which will not install without the
original CD program.
Model: Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera
Cheers,
Arawak

G. Morgan 11-18-2004 03:13 AM

Re: Advise needed re Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera (driver needed)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:52:29 -0700 "Arawak"
used 9 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

>I can't find the original CD and and when I plug the USB connector
>from the camera to my PC running XP Pro, it identifies the new
>hardware (camera) correctly but asks for drivers to be installed.
>Any help is appreciated. Olympus website just offers a download for
>the upgraded software version which will not install without the
>original CD program.
>Model: Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera

I may be mistaken, but I think if you just go to "My Computer" you'll
see a drive letter that maps to the camera. My friend has one and I
hooked it up to my computer once (and we didn't have drivers).

That Cammedia software is crap anyway. I sucked the pictures right
off the camera and edited them with PaintShop Pro.

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

treehugger 11-18-2004 03:03 PM

"G. Morgan" <alarmprosnail@snailgmail.com> wrote in message news:41a2127d.99716915@schoolofhardknocks.edu...
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:52:29 -0700 "Arawak"
> used 9 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
>
>>I can't find the original CD and and when I plug the USB connector
>>from the camera to my PC running XP Pro, it identifies the new
>>hardware (camera) correctly but asks for drivers to be installed.
>>Any help is appreciated. Olympus website just offers a download for
>>the upgraded software version which will not install without the
>>original CD program.
>>Model: Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera

> I may be mistaken, but I think if you just go to "My Computer" you'll
> see a drive letter that maps to the camera. My friend has one and I
> hooked it up to my computer once (and we didn't have drivers).
>
> That Cammedia software is crap anyway. I sucked the pictures right
> off the camera and edited them with PaintShop Pro.
>

> --
> -Graham

See: http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...ftware/#driver
The c-3030 is not listed but the c-3020 is. It wouldn't hurt to try these drivers and I guess they'll probably work.

treehugger