Velocity Reviews

-   -   Macromedia flash player (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t211620-macromedia-flash-player.html)

Dave Croft 11-07-2004 12:21 PM

Macromedia flash player

Is there any way of preventing this unwanted program from appearing
several times when visiting websites.
The sites work fine without the annoying program.
I suppose I could download it but I don't want to see the video crap that it
would generate.
TIA

--
Dave Croft
Warrington

°Mike° 11-07-2004 01:51 PM

Re: Macromedia flash player

Are you talking about the prompt to install
Macromedia Flash?

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:04 -0000, in
<2v6i97F2hkal9U1@uni-berlin.de>
Dave Croft scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dave Croft 11-07-2004 02:11 PM

Re: Macromedia flash player

"°Mike°" <qp_mike_qp@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41932831.5637390@localhost...
> Are you talking about the prompt to install
> Macromedia Flash?

Yes, That is what is annoying me.
--
Dave Croft

°Mike° 11-07-2004 02:25 PM

Re: Macromedia flash player

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 14:11:10 -0000, in
<2v6onmF2febbsU1@uni-berlin.de>
Dave Croft scrawled:

>> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:04 -0000, in
>> <2v6i97F2hkal9U1@uni-berlin.de>
>> Dave Croft scrawled:
>> >Is there any way of preventing this unwanted program from appearing
>> >several times when visiting websites.
>> >The sites work fine without the annoying program.
>> >I suppose I could download it but I don't want to see the video crap that it
>> >would generate.

>"°Mike°" <qp_mike_qp@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41932831.5637390@localhost...
>> Are you talking about the prompt to install
>> Macromedia Flash?

>Yes, That is what is annoying me.

Then change your ActiveX security settings in I.E.,
Install Macromedia, or don't visit Flash-laden sites.

--
Basic computer maintenance