Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   New Ad-Aware Update! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t211543-new-ad-aware-update.html)

Julie P. 11-06-2004 03:04 AM

New Ad-Aware Update!
 
New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!





James 11-06-2004 03:08 AM

Re: New Ad-Aware Update!
 

"Julie P." <jporpiglia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:zcKdnfwKUY_JohHcRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
>


Ok

So what help do you require?

:-)


--


Ukjay



Penguin 11-06-2004 05:33 AM

Re: New Ad-Aware Update!
 
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <news@cutmeukjay.com>
wrote:

>
>"Julie P." <jporpiglia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>news:zcKdnfwKUY_JohHcRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
>> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
>>

>
>Ok
>
>So what help do you require?
>
>:-)


Greetings James;

Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.

As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
to a program that's repeatedly referred to.

Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
who post and lurk here.

Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.

And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!

Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
-Chris

Lady Chatterly 11-06-2004 05:52 AM

Re: New Ad-Aware Update!
 
In article <viooo056p2fm2a6lbg0tf4m9ful8tmnb6n@4ax.com> Penguin <penguinlord@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <news@cutmeukjay.com>
>wrote:
>
>>
>>"Julie P." <jporpiglia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:zcKdnfwKUY_JohHcRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
>>> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
>>>

>>
>>Ok
>>
>>So what help do you require?
>>
>>:-)

>
>Greetings James;


Wtf?

>Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.


Better give a penny then lend twenty.

>As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
>in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
>to a program that's repeatedly referred to.


Hmmm... kinda adds a new meaning to the word... oh... never mind.

>Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
>knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
>who post and lurk here.


As we live, so we learn.

>Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.


The war is a result of faulty politics and desperation from Western
leadership during the US civil war. Yes, I suppose you could stop it.

>And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!


You have yet again proven to everyone that you are an utter and
complete imbecile.

>Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
>-Chris


Have cookie Will travel?

--
Lady Chatterly

I hereby nominate Lady Chatterly for the Golden Killfile award. What
a waste of bytes. -- Gary L. Burnore


Edward W. Thompson 11-06-2004 07:03 AM

Re: New Ad-Aware Update!
 
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 05:33:12 GMT, Penguin
<penguinlord@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <news@cutmeukjay.com>
>wrote:
>
>>
>>"Julie P." <jporpiglia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>news:zcKdnfwKUY_JohHcRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
>>> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
>>>

>>
>>Ok
>>
>>So what help do you require?
>>
>>:-)

>
>Greetings James;
>
>Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.
>
>As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
>in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
>to a program that's repeatedly referred to.
>
>Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
>knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
>who post and lurk here.
>
>Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.
>
>And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!
>
>Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
>-Chris


There are many practices in this and other NGs that aren't uncommon,
useless posts, rants with no focus, abuse and well intentioned
indicators of updates to programs. Because they are not uncommon does
not justify the posting these messages.

James 11-06-2004 09:41 AM

Re: New Ad-Aware Update!
 

"Penguin" <penguinlord@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:viooo056p2fm2a6lbg0tf4m9ful8tmnb6n@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <news@cutmeukjay.com>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >"Julie P." <jporpiglia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >news:zcKdnfwKUY_JohHcRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
> >> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17

5.11.04!
> >>

> >
> >Ok
> >
> >So what help do you require?
> >
> >:-)

>
> Greetings James;
>
> Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.
>
> As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
> in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
> to a program that's repeatedly referred to.
>
> Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
> knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
> who post and lurk here.
>
> Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.
>
> And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!
>
> Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
> -Chris

.................................................. ...........................
..................................
OIC Penguin, then maybe Julie should have made this more clearer?
I love cookies so I don't think her info will be of any use to me?

Thanks for the explanation.


--


Ukjay




anthonyberet 11-06-2004 04:18 PM

Re: New Ad-Aware Update!
 

"Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:6jtoo0hlchjmehe3uljsd14rq18dtgkp5r@4ax.com...
<snip>
> There are many practices in this and other NGs that aren't uncommon,
> useless posts, rants with no focus, abuse and well intentioned
> indicators of updates to programs. Because they are not uncommon does
> not justify the posting these messages.


I am going to update adaware now and scan.
Does *that* justify it?




Penguin 11-06-2004 08:34 PM

Re: New Ad-Aware Update!
 
On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 07:03:45 +0000 (UTC), Edward W. Thompson
<thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 05:33:12 GMT, Penguin
><penguinlord@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <news@cutmeukjay.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>"Julie P." <jporpiglia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>news:zcKdnfwKUY_JohHcRVn-iQ@comcast.com...
>>>> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
>>>>
>>>
>>>Ok
>>>
>>>So what help do you require?
>>>
>>>:-)

>>
>>Greetings James;
>>
>>Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.
>>
>>As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
>>in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
>>to a program that's repeatedly referred to.
>>
>>Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
>>knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
>>who post and lurk here.
>>
>>Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.
>>
>>And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!
>>
>>Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
>>-Chris

>
>There are many practices in this and other NGs that aren't uncommon,
>useless posts, rants with no focus, abuse and well intentioned
>indicators of updates to programs. Because they are not uncommon does
>not justify the posting these messages.


Greetings;

So Edward...you're saying that when someone posts to inform the group
of a program update, that post is not justified?

Could you please point out in which section of the FAQ for this
newsgroup that bit of information is spelled out in? OH! That's
right, this group doesn't have a FAQ. It seems as though this
newsgroup has no specific topic or purpose (do a Google Groups search
on this topic and you'll find *lots* of discussion on this issue).

So as it turns out it doesn't matter if the OP was "justified" or not.
She posted a bit of information that may have been appreciated by some
people and we should just take it as an act of kindness by a
well-meaning newsgroup reader.

I hope this clears up the issue for you Edward. If you need any more
clarification on the workings of this newsgroup feel free to post back
and one of the regulars here can clear it up for you.

Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
-Chris


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.