Velocity Reviews

-   -   Finding latitude & longitude (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t211509-finding-latitude-and-longitude.html)

Dave Croft 11-05-2004 02:33 PM

Finding latitude & longitude

I thought this would be easy but I am having problems finding out
The latitude & longitude of uk addresses or postcodes.
Does anyone know a suitable free web address.
TIA
--
Dave Croft

why? 11-05-2004 03:04 PM

Re: Finding latitude & longitude

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:33:46 -0000, Dave Croft wrote:

>I thought this would be easy but I am having problems finding out
>The latitude & longitude of uk addresses or postcodes.
>Does anyone know a suitable free web address.
>TIA

This may not help, www.google.com

Taking a wild and daft guess using some of the words you used in your
post -

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,840 English pages for
uk latitude & longitude postcodes
(0.22 seconds)

UK Postcode Coordinates
.... First part of the UK postcode (area code); x-coordinate (metres);
y-coordinate (metres); Latitude; Longitude. File format. This is the
format used in postcodes. ...

In addition to the Google search it only took a further 12 seconds to
glance at the page, d/l the file, unzip and open it..

Web addresses aren't usually free, they need a fee to register or are
included as part of some other offer.

Me

Trent SC 11-05-2004 03:19 PM

Re: Finding latitude & longitude

Enter a postcode on www.multimap.com and it'll give you L&L info

Steve 11-05-2004 03:45 PM

Re: Finding latitude & longitude

"Dave Croft" <davecroft@nospammershere.co.uk> wrote in message
>I thought this would be easy but I am having problems finding out
> The latitude & longitude of uk addresses or postcodes.
> Does anyone know a suitable free web address.
> TIA
> --
> Dave Croft

Goto http://www.streetmap.co.uk and put in postcode.
You will then get a map of area with an arrow pointing to
street/postcode
Scroll down to the writing under the "ask jeeves" advert and press the
link that says
"click here to convert/measure coordinates"

Steve 11-05-2004 03:46 PM

See also http://www.multimap.com/

Dave Croft 11-06-2004 11:01 AM

"Steve" <nobody@somewhere.invalid> wrote in message news:cmg79c$r8m$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> "Dave Croft" <davecroft@nospammershere.co.uk> wrote in message
> >I thought this would be easy but I am having problems finding out
> > The latitude & longitude of uk addresses or postcodes.
> > Does anyone know a suitable free web address.
> > TIA Dave Croft

> See also http://www.multimap.com/

Thanks Guys, multimap was the answer!
I had tried the Tiscali version which doesn't
give the co-ordinates.
--
Dave Croft