Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot compact folders in OE (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t211443-cannot-compact-folders-in-oe.html)

Robin 11-04-2004 04:52 PM

Cannot compact folders in OE

Every time I try to do maintainance in OE, it starts compacting folders and
then I get an error message saying the folder is in use by another program.
I don't think anything else is using my OE folders. Is there anything I can
do tofix this?
Thanks
Robin

Trent SC 11-04-2004 04:59 PM

Re: Cannot compact folders in OE

Go to Tools > Options and untick everything in the General tab, then go
offline and close OE. Restart it, then try again. You should find it runs
fine, and once you're done, you can reapply those ticks.

Robin 11-04-2004 05:03 PM

Robin 11-04-2004 05:04 PM

Re: Cannot compact folders in OE

Nope. Didn't work....
Robin

Trent SC 11-04-2004 05:20 PM

Re: Cannot compact folders in OE

Hmm. In which folder did the error occur?

Robin 11-04-2004 05:27 PM

Re: Cannot compact folders in OE

It says "Folders..." and that's when it gives the error.

David Hemingsley 11-04-2004 05:51 PM

Re: Cannot compact folders in OE

reinstall OE

Robin 11-04-2004 06:42 PM

Re: Cannot compact folders in OE

ouch...
Robin

°Mike° 11-04-2004 06:44 PM

Re: Cannot compact folders in OE

Back up all of your email and boot into Safe Mode.
Delete or rename the folders.dbx file in your OE
store folder. Turn off compacting in the background
from Tools / Options / Maintenance.

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:52:48 -0500, in
<WLudnRpadu_CwxfcRVn-hA@comcast.com>
Robin scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike° 11-04-2004 06:46 PM

Re: Cannot compact folders in OE

I suggest that you take no notice of that "advice".

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:42:55 -0500, in
<Aa6dnWb2ZaKu5RfcRVn-gQ@comcast.com>
Robin scrawled:

--