Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Q Aptiva 1993 amd 333 ali usb wont recognz lexar jumpdrive (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t211212-q-aptiva-1993-amd-333-ali-usb-wont-recognz-lexar-jumpdrive.html)

Steven Moore 11-01-2004 02:24 PM

Q Aptiva 1993 amd 333 ali usb wont recognz lexar jumpdrive
 
My 93' Aptiva amd 333 win 98 oem, wont' recognize a 128mb Lexar Media
Jumpdrive USB, is there a way I can use software to accomplish this?
The usb (mem stick) says it doesn't need drivers or software.

Thanks,
steven m



DC 11-01-2004 02:28 PM

Re: Q Aptiva 1993 amd 333 ali usb wont recognz lexar jumpdrive
 
Steven Moore wrote:
> My 93' Aptiva amd 333 win 98 oem, wont' recognize a 128mb Lexar Media
> Jumpdrive USB, is there a way I can use software to accomplish this?
> The usb (mem stick) says it doesn't need drivers or software.


I'm sure you've considered this, but are you sure that your USB is
working? Have you tried another USB device? Have you tried using a
different USB port? Have you tried the device on a different computer
with the same OS?

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

patrick 11-01-2004 02:35 PM

Re: Q Aptiva 1993 amd 333 ali usb wont recognz lexar jumpdrive
 
DC wrote:
> Steven Moore wrote:
>
>>My 93' Aptiva amd 333 win 98 oem, wont' recognize a 128mb Lexar Media
>>Jumpdrive USB, is there a way I can use software to accomplish this?
>>The usb (mem stick) says it doesn't need drivers or software.

>
>
> I'm sure you've considered this, but are you sure that your USB is
> working? Have you tried another USB device? Have you tried using a
> different USB port? Have you tried the device on a different computer
> with the same OS?
>

Win98 (except for Win98SE, NEEDS the USB resource drivers!!!)

Microsoft had NO CLUE, and, still doesn't! You go to the Lexar site to
get the patch! OR, google for it! http://google.com

You might want to try a LiveCD, that really works, and is virus proof!

http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php

DC 11-01-2004 02:41 PM

Re: Q Aptiva 1993 amd 333 ali usb wont recognz lexar jumpdrive
 
patrick wrote:
> DC wrote:
>> Steven Moore wrote:


>>>My 93' Aptiva amd 333 win 98 oem, wont' recognize a 128mb Lexar Media
>>>Jumpdrive USB, is there a way I can use software to accomplish this?
>>>The usb (mem stick) says it doesn't need drivers or software.



>> I'm sure you've considered this, but are you sure that your USB is
>> working? Have you tried another USB device? Have you tried using a
>> different USB port? Have you tried the device on a different computer
>> with the same OS?


> Win98 (except for Win98SE, NEEDS the USB resource drivers!!!)


I don't run Win98!!!

> Microsoft had NO CLUE, and, still doesn't! You go to the Lexar site to
> get the patch! OR, google for it! http://google.com


But, I don't have any Lexar devices!

> You might want to try a LiveCD, that really works, and is virus proof!


> http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php


I don't need a live cd! I don't have any viruses, either!

}:O\

--
DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.