Velocity Reviews

-   -   SATA and Windows XP problem. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t210970-sata-and-windows-xp-problem.html)

Brian Cartwright 10-28-2004 03:02 PM

SATA and Windows XP problem.

I have just assembled a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-7VM400 AMF
motherboard, Maxtor SATA hard drive connected to SATA0 and a Sony DVD writer
connected as master on the IDE primary channel.
After switch-on it went through the usual procedure to the 'insert system
disk' prompt. I inserted Windows XP pro disc and this proceeded to load
numerous drivers, all indicated by a succession of single line statements at
the foot of the screen. It finally came to a halt with the message "hard
disk not present, cannot continue". Since then, all the machine will do is
perform it's POST and hang on a screen showing all of the device IRQ
addresses and the final message as "Verifying DMI Pool Data...........".
Even if I clear the CMOS and start again, I do not get the same procedure
and I am not prompted for the system disc. I simply end up at the same
hang-up position. How can I get out of this closed loop?
The Sony DVD drive is reported correctly during the POST and the Maxtor is
also recognised but the info page flashes on and off so fast that I can just
about make out the word.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards to all.

SwissTony 10-28-2004 03:17 PM

Re: SATA and Windows XP problem.

"Brian Cartwright" <cartwright@nojunkgoskop.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have just assembled a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-7VM400 AMF
> motherboard, Maxtor SATA hard drive connected to SATA0 and a Sony DVD

writer
> connected as master on the IDE primary channel.
> After switch-on it went through the usual procedure to the 'insert system
> disk' prompt. I inserted Windows XP pro disc and this proceeded to load
> numerous drivers, all indicated by a succession of single line statements

at
> the foot of the screen. It finally came to a halt with the message "hard
> disk not present, cannot continue". Since then, all the machine will do is
> perform it's POST and hang on a screen showing all of the device IRQ
> addresses and the final message as "Verifying DMI Pool Data...........".
> Even if I clear the CMOS and start again, I do not get the same procedure
> and I am not prompted for the system disc. I simply end up at the same
> hang-up position. How can I get out of this closed loop?
> The Sony DVD drive is reported correctly during the POST and the Maxtor is
> also recognised but the info page flashes on and off so fast that I can

just
> about make out the word.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Regards to all.

go into bios and set it to boot from cd
save changes and exit
when it starts running the windows setup, look at the bottom of the screen.
It asks you to press f6 to load driver (not sure of exact wording)
press f6, put a floppy in the drive with the drivers for your sata HD
they may be on the cd that came with the motherboard or downloadable from
manufacturers website (mobo or HD)

Dan Evans 10-28-2004 04:47 PM

Re: SATA and Windows XP problem.

"Brian Cartwright" <cartwright@nojunkgoskop.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have just assembled a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-7VM400 AMF
> motherboard, Maxtor SATA hard drive connected to SATA0 and a Sony DVD

writer
> connected as master on the IDE primary channel.
> After switch-on it went through the usual procedure to the 'insert system
> disk' prompt. I inserted Windows XP pro disc and this proceeded to load
> numerous drivers, all indicated by a succession of single line statements

at
> the foot of the screen. It finally came to a halt with the message "hard
> disk not present, cannot continue". Since then, all the machine will do is

Press F6 when the installer says "press F6 to load RAID drivers", later on
you get the option to load the floppy with the drivers on. The drivers you
need will be on your motherboards driver CD.

Dan

Brian Cartwright 10-28-2004 04:53 PM

"SwissTony" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message

"Brian Cartwright" <cartwright@nojunkgoskop.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have just assembled a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-7VM400 AMF
> motherboard, Maxtor SATA hard drive connected to SATA0 and a Sony DVD

writer
> connected as master on the IDE primary channel.
> After switch-on it went through the usual procedure to the 'insert system
> disk' prompt. I inserted Windows XP pro disc and this proceeded to load
> numerous drivers, all indicated by a succession of single line statements

at
> the foot of the screen. It finally came to a halt with the message "hard
> disk not present, cannot continue". Since then, all the machine will do is
> perform it's POST and hang on a screen showing all of the device IRQ
> addresses and the final message as "Verifying DMI Pool Data...........".
> Even if I clear the CMOS and start again, I do not get the same procedure
> and I am not prompted for the system disc. I simply end up at the same
> hang-up position. How can I get out of this closed loop?
> The Sony DVD drive is reported correctly during the POST and the Maxtor is
> also recognised but the info page flashes on and off so fast that I can

just
> about make out the word.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Regards to all.

go into bios and set it to boot from cd
save changes and exit
when it starts running the windows setup, look at the bottom of the screen.
It asks you to press f6 to load driver (not sure of exact wording)
press f6, put a floppy in the drive with the drivers for your sata HD
they may be on the cd that came with the motherboard or downloadable from
manufacturers website (mobo or HD)
_______________________________________

Hello Swiss Tony,
Thanks for your reply. I have already tried your suggested method to no
avail.
The computer ignores the CD and does not run anything. I simply end up as
previously described.
Best regards, Brian.

Walter Mautner 10-28-2004 10:59 PM

Brian Cartwright wrote:
> The computer ignores the CD and does not run anything. I simply end up as
> previously described.
> Best regards, Brian.

Try
http://www.dewassoc.com/support/win9...y_dmi_data.htm

Good Luck!
*to*remove*offending*incompatible*products.**Reactivate*your*MS*software.
Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.8reiser4pkt*[LinuxCounter#295241]

B0dylang 06-12-2008 10:04 AM

SATA problem

guys i think the solution is either
1- disable SATA from ur machine BIOS and then install OS
2- download your SATA driver from ur machine vendor website and integrate it with the OS installation file using NLite, u can find Nlite every where on Net