Velocity Reviews

-   -   Spyware Remover (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t210915-spyware-remover.html)

aretired 10-27-2004 03:53 PM

Spyware Remover

Which spyware removers are considered among the best.
I am using spybot and ad-aware now, but would like to buy a full pro
version.
Thank you

sethra 10-27-2004 04:17 PM

Re: Spyware Remover

"aretired" <aretired@rogers.com> wrote in news:kOKdncXso5QdWeLcRVn-
gA@rogers.com:

> Which spyware removers are considered among the best.
> I am using spybot and ad-aware now, but would like to buy a full pro
> version.

Eric Howes recently tested several:

http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

Regards,
--
~sethra

°Mike° 10-27-2004 04:52 PM

Re: Spyware Remover

What makes you think that a "full pro version" is going
to be any better than the free utilities available now?

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:53:37 -0400, in
<kOKdncXso5QdWeLcRVn-gA@rogers.com>
aretired scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

aretired 10-27-2004 06:08 PM

Re: Spyware Remover

I dont know, but usually the saying is you get what you paid
for....
Sometimes it is true. But, if everyone say that running spybot s &d,
and ad-aware SE updated regularly is good enough, then i will stick
to those two. and save money.

Thanks for your comments.

°Mike° 10-27-2004 06:36 PM

Re: Spyware Remover

Getting what you paid for is a two-edged sword.
You only have to look at Symantec products.

SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster, HijackThis,
CWShredder, and a few others are all that you need,
and all are free. Most paid for removers just offer
eye candy.

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:08:52 -0400, in
<3ZWdnXjEZcKueeLcRVn-oQ@rogers.com>
aretired scrawled:

>I dont know, but usually the saying is you get what you paid
>for....
>Sometimes it is true. But, if everyone say that running spybot s &d,
>and ad-aware SE updated regularly is good enough, then i will stick
>to those two. and save money.
>
>Thanks for your comments.
>
>"°Mike°" <qp_mike_qp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> What makes you think that a "full pro version" is going
>> to be any better than the free utilities available now?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

aretired 10-27-2004 07:55 PM

Re: Spyware Remover

Thanks Mike,
I will stick to spybot and ad-aware, if it is good for others, then
it should be good for me also.
Tks

°Mike° 10-27-2004 08:13 PM

Re: Spyware Remover

You're welcome.

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:55:40 -0400, in
<zs6dnbT6QOOnYOLcRVn-qQ@rogers.com>
aretired scrawled:

>Thanks Mike,
>I will stick to spybot and ad-aware, if it is good for others, then
>it should be good for me also.
>Tks

<snip>

--