Velocity Reviews

-   -   windows update soothsayer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t210670-windows-update-soothsayer.html)

desoto 10-23-2004 10:52 AM

windows update soothsayer

(XP pro .. IE6 ... service packs up to date)
eh.... I'm probably missing something but.....
how does the windows update manager know
when updates are available... I'm on dialup and
the cable isn't even in the slot... my phone has
been using the terminal for the last 2 days
yet all of a sudden WUM seems to reckon that
updates are available... where is it getting that info from ?
does it just nag on a temperal basis or what ?