Velocity Reviews

-   -   No RAM left, n e 1 no of RAM giver (freeware) ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t209755-no-ram-left-n-e-1-no-of-ram-giver-freeware.html)

Morph 10-08-2004 10:04 PM

No RAM left, n e 1 no of RAM giver (freeware) ?

Does anyone know of a good Ram freeing program ( freeware ), as the 1 i am
using Ramfreer , keeps giving me erroro messages, something about 'invalid
image list' or 'incorrect parameter ' so does this mean it is responding to
another program (conflicting, like ...? ), Seems to happen a lot when using
Media Player to play a song in mp3. format, altho' i do not even use a
'image' screen on media player whilst playing songs.. so i have no idea,
what " Inavalid image or parameter " means, does anyone ? Please ?
All suggestions for another RAM giving prog wud be greatly appreciated, I
had 64mb and have exactly ZERO left, so until i buy another comp, this will
have to be the onlt Road i can go down....All the Best Morph, Thanks to
anyone gonna help out !!...Ta

fafnirr 10-08-2004 10:26 PM

Re: No RAM left, n e 1 no of RAM giver (freeware) ?

"Morph" <fred@Morphnet> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a good Ram freeing program ( freeware ), as the 1 i am
> using Ramfreer , keeps giving me erroro messages, something about 'invalid
> image list' or 'incorrect parameter ' so does this mean it is responding
> another program (conflicting, like ...? ), Seems to happen a lot when
> using
> Media Player to play a song in mp3. format, altho' i do not even use a
> 'image' screen on media player whilst playing songs.. so i have no idea,
> what " Inavalid image or parameter " means, does anyone ? Please ?
> All suggestions for another RAM giving prog wud be greatly appreciated, I
> had 64mb and have exactly ZERO left, so until i buy another comp, this
> will
> have to be the onlt Road i can go down....All the Best Morph, Thanks to
> anyone gonna help out !!...Ta

Hi Morph

I have used Wintercooler on a Windows ME installation before and it worked
pretty well for me. It's not supported anymore, but you can download a copy
from: http://www.freeware-guide.com/download/ . On the other hand, buying
older style memory isn't really that expensive so maybe that will fit better
in your budget.

Fafnirr

Morph 10-09-2004 02:11 AM

Re: No RAM left, n e 1 no of RAM giver (freeware) ?

Cheers mate !!, i do not understand why these invalid image error reports
come through on Ramfreer, usually like i say, when i have a colour pallette
on screen or winmediaplayer, BUT CHEERS anyway, much appreciated .. Fred
news:atE9d.125175$as2.36471@bignews3.bellsouth.net ...