Velocity Reviews

-   -   Zone Alarm Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t209359-zone-alarm-problem.html)

Garry Mogg 10-02-2004 09:10 PM

Zone Alarm Problem

Hi. I am running the free version of Zone alarm , on Windows M.E. but , it
does not let me into the internet at all.. I have to turn it off to get on..
Am I doing something wrong. Garry

Tritium 10-02-2004 10:09 PM

Re: Zone Alarm Problem

Garry Mogg wrote:
> Hi. I am running the free version of Zone alarm , on Windows M.E. but , it
> does not let me into the internet at all.. I have to turn it off to get on..
> Am I doing something wrong. Garry

Open ZoneAlarm. Go into Firewall and then Zones. Name a
site, provide the IP address and entry type. Make it a
"trusted" zone. Should unblock access from the computer
to the named internet site.

Buffalo 10-03-2004 12:42 AM

Re: Zone Alarm Problem

"Garry Mogg" <gableto2@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I am running the free version of Zone alarm , on Windows M.E.

but , it
> does not let me into the internet at all.. I have to turn it off to

get on..
> Am I doing something wrong. Garry

Ususally simpler to uninstall and reinstall ZA and choose to let it
get your Internet settings.

Ray@Bundy 10-03-2004 01:05 PM

Re: Zone Alarm Problem

Garry Mogg wrote:
> Hi. I am running the free version of Zone alarm , on Windows M.E. but , it
> does not let me into the internet at all.. I have to turn it off to get on..
> Am I doing something wrong. Garry

In Program Control have you allowed Generic Host Process for Win32
Services Internet access?

Ray@Bundy

Paul Johnson 10-03-2004 01:52 PM

Re: Zone Alarm Problem

> In Program Control have you allowed Generic Host Process for Win32
> Services Internet access?

What is the file or program name to allow Internet access? I run win98 and
one of my programs does not run quite right under my free Zone Alarm and
maybe if I add it it will run properly.
Paul