Velocity Reviews

-   -   Media Player 9 Error Messages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t208893-media-player-9-error-messages.html)

Rick 09-25-2004 05:37 PM

Media Player 9 Error Messages

Media Player 9 often gives an error message when I attempt to play
downloaded mpgs and other files;

"Media Player had encountered a problem and will now shut down ...". It
them restarts and goes into 'battery randomization'.

This only happens sometimes. It also seems to happen when I try to play
mpgs that worked on my earlier version of Media Player. I've tried
reinstalling.

I'm not sure whats causing this - is there anything I can do?

Thanks

(using Win 2k)

Ionizer 09-25-2004 05:46 PM

Re: Media Player 9 Error Messages

"Rick" <x@ y.com> wrote in message
> Media Player 9 often gives an error message when I attempt to play
> downloaded mpgs and other files;
>
> "Media Player had encountered a problem and will now shut down ...". It
> them restarts and goes into 'battery randomization'.
>
> This only happens sometimes. It also seems to happen when I try to play
> mpgs that worked on my earlier version of Media Player. I've tried
> reinstalling.
>
> I'm not sure whats causing this - is there anything I can do?

Troubleshooting Windows Media Player Error Messages:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...yererrors.aspx

WMP Mini-FAQ: http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#wmp9

The series 10 version of WMP seems to be causing even more troubles from
what I've seen in related newsgroups, so you may want to avoid that
option...

Regards,
Ian.

Unk 09-25-2004 05:48 PM

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:37:56 -0400, "Rick" <x@ y.com> wrote:

>Media Player 9 often gives an error message when I attempt to play
>downloaded mpgs and other files;
>
>"Media Player had encountered a problem and will now shut down ...". It
>them restarts and goes into 'battery randomization'.
>
>This only happens sometimes. It also seems to happen when I try to play
>mpgs that worked on my earlier version of Media Player. I've tried
>reinstalling.
>
>I'm not sure whats causing this - is there anything I can do?
>
>Thanks
>
>(using Win 2k)

Download version 10.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ad/default.asp