Velocity Reviews

-   -   Nothing happening at all. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t208637-nothing-happening-at-all.html)

Freddy 09-21-2004 07:41 AM

Nothing happening at all.

XP operating system. My laptop went into hybernation and shut down. Now
won't do anything. Just wont't start up. Any suggestions. for a novice?

Ray 09-21-2004 07:47 AM

Re: Nothing happening at all.

Unplug from power cord, pull battery out, wait a few seconds and plug back
in and see if it will start up. If it's docked on a docking station, try
undocking and redocking. Worked before on a few laptops at work, so maybe
it will work for you also.

Robin Hood 09-21-2004 10:54 AM

Re: Nothing happening at all.

"Freddy" <ant@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> XP operating system. My laptop went into hybernation and shut down. Now
> won't do anything. Just wont't start up. Any suggestions. for a novice?

I walked into a friends house the other day and his laptop was doing the
same thing. I disconnected it from its power supply and removed the battery,
paused a moment and reconnected the battery and psu and the computer then
worked normally.

Not much chance that it will work for you but it has to be worth a try.

ImhoTech 09-21-2004 03:50 PM

Re: Nothing happening at all.

"Freddy" <ant@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> XP operating system. My laptop went into hybernation and shut down. Now
> won't do anything. Just wont't start up. Any suggestions. for a novice?

Go see a movie. Invite a friend, maybe get laid afterwards.

alan 09-22-2004 09:58 AM

Re: Nothing happening at all.

When it happened to me it proved to be the mains adaptor had died, allowing
the battery to go flat.

Alan